Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What was I thinking......

....when I coerced these two fine young men to give up three days of their precious spring break when they could have been hanging out with friends, (rollerblading, skiing, gaming, etc.).....to hang out with this old grandma and these looks are probably giving the answer......
Yep, we're all in for a wild ride and these two had phones and I did not so this is one of many selfies and probably the only one I'll post here but just so you know......it wasn't like this the whole three days......sometimes it was worse.....
....but mostly they were gentlemen and made me proud to be their gramma. One thing I learned about these teenage boys is that when they acted their age, they were delightful which was most of the time but when they acted like 8 year olds......they were hilarious. I was thoroughly entertained for the whole three days....... We started out at Old Sacramento with lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and a walk around old town......
...then a stop at Folsom Prison. A lot of the comments on Instagram included...."....and who let them out????"
....then headed to Old Town Folsom for a little ice cream at Snook's and some antique shopping. Drew is trying out a tea set and George is tuning a Uke but the best is trying on of the hats....
These two were such good sports to do all of my favorite things......however, they couldn't get to the pool fast enough......
It was beautiful weather every day and the flora was in full bloom. The lake was next......
Wish I had more pictures on the lake but kayaking and canoeing all day, ending with a swim seemed fine for them and as I said, this trip was about "my" favorites both in activities and company. Loved being with these two boys. We took them up to Gold Country for a look around then back to the pool for swimming and Pizza.
I think they just love trying on hats for some reason.......and some of this is what happens when you let them take the camera.......
Sunday we went to Stake Conference and were instructed by Elder Bednar......
Randy was so good to make sure we all had good food and good times.....love him so much and I love these two boys.........They even endured my Temple Photo Shoot.....
Thanks George and Drew for "humoring" me......the meaning of which is..........
(hu·mor
ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
verb
gerund or present participle: humoring
  1. comply with the wishes of (someone) in order to keep them content, however unreasonable such wishes might be.)  

...and also for "humoring" me meaning "to make me laugh a lot". Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Love you guys and thanks again Randy..

No comments: