Saturday, August 22, 2015

I love my neighbors....

......actually, most of them. I'm sure there's some I haven't met yet and I'm a little nervous. I've smelled some of them close by and I'm pretty sure I don't want to meet them so I'm trying to stay on the "down-low" and mind my own business but here's a few that I do know and I see quite often and I do love it when they stop by....
I wasn't too fond of Mr. Lizard at first but he's pretty "chill" with the kids so I don't mind him as much anymore. My little Yellow Bird comes quite often but I haven't been able to get him to be friendly enough to stop and chat but I do enjoy these creatures.
...for the most part.
 ...and speaking of visitors, I've really enjoyed some fine company lately. Kyle's kids spent the night with me last week after we lunched at the Brandin' Iron where Kyle cooked our meal then we got a little ice cream. We decided it was getting too hard to have CGC so we created our new "P-Party". (Pizza, Pop, Pie, Popcorn and Pajamas). I love that I have places for all my kiddies to sleep comfortably when they come to see me. I have loved having Traci and her little ones here this past week as well......
They all got their bird houses painted and hung.....
 ...... and we enjoyed some really awesome "Mountain Time" here in Pine Valley doing all the Pine Valley things. 
We enjoyed an afternoon of zip-lining and swinging at Uncle Mark's and Aunt Marian's.
These pretty much are not really kid swings but it's fun for the adults to get their "kid" on once in a while.
We got to celebrate an early birthday with Max....5 years old and Kindergarten bound. I was really glad that my mom got to meet the two latest "greats"......Mae and Ida Mae. (Michelle's)
This family just keeps on growing and as my dad would say....."and to think I'm responsible for all of this" as he would look out over his posterity. I'm sure he's smilin' in heaven. We've all enjoyed Spencer and Shana's pool this summer.....
Never a dull moment with a pool in the back yard. I'm sure Spencer has things he'd rather do than life-guard duty but we all 'preciate it a bunch.
I can't pass up a chance to brag a bit when one of my own is published. This is Laynee's time to shine and shine she does. This picture could be on a box of Wheaties for sure.......

Click HERE to read the article about her in the "High School Sports Insider". Way to go Laynee Jane.
**********************************
I must close this post tonight with a shout-out to my great family. This move has been difficult on all of us and there are times that I'm sure they wished I would just be satisfied with status-quo....stay in their family home all of my life and keep the family cabin.....but I didn't. I've moved on and I love it very much. As hard as it is for me to ask them for help, I did and they came to my rescue. I knew they "wood"...ha, ha. Grandpa joke there. They helped me turn this.......
....into this........and I'm sure it was record breaking time. 
I should have timed it and then tried each year to beat the time. I had ordered four cords and this is just two.  Kyle emphatically told me to cancel the other two. We'll see how the winter goes. This is my first annual Wood-Stacking Party. I'll be better prepared next time with food.  Once again family. THANKS from the bottom of my heart. In case you hadn't figured it out yet, I love Pine Valley and I love my family. When I get to have both for a while, I'm doubly blessed. Can't wait to have Mason's family visit in a couple of weeks and Lauri is moving this coming week.....Randy will be here Tuesday. Aw......call me blessed.

No comments: