Thursday, June 14, 2018

George graduated....

..from Dixie High School last month and it's really hard to believe that he's old enough to do that but his dad graduated from there in 1991 and his grandmother (me) graduated from there in 1968 and his grandfather graduated from there 1940...something and that school has been going for a good long time steeped in lots of tradition and that's what I love about it. I've watched my kids and now my kids kids doing a lot of the same things I did, bleeding blue...."so three cheers for Dixie High to thee we will be true......"
I'm so glad I saved my sweater and Kyle's. This is at George's graduation celebration in Pine Valley. Had to take advantage of this photo op......so cool. I was Studentbody Secretary as was George and Kyle was Fiscal Officer.  
I'm so very proud of this boy. When we found out he had a hearing loss, thoughts of "whatever will happen to him" entered my mind but he has musical talent out the wazoo and is kind and funny and generous and has perfect pitch, sings, plays the piano, has been in clubs, Madrigals, plays, drum line, band, and has gotten really good grades, has lots of friend, girls want to date him, boys want to be like him and he's so unaware of his coolness that it's refreshing. He earned his Diamond D and experienced everything Dixie has to offer and excelled at it all. George is off to other adventures now. Not sure what but we are excited to see. Love you George Elliott Wells. 
Dixie High School, established 1911 and still going strong. Click HERE to read all about it.

No comments: