Sunday, June 21, 2015

Not sure I can remember how to do this ......

....but it's good to be back. Hope it sticks. I've got a lot in my head and heart that needs to get out in this amazing transition year for our family but first and foremost, a great big
  HAPPY FATHERS' DAY
to the five wonderful fathers of my 19 amazing grandchildren. (pictured left to right: Russ, Mason, Spencer, James, (Mother Mary) and Kyle. Y'all are the best.....such great husbands and fathers and doing just the right things for each of your families and as a mom and grandmother, I appreciate that. Nothing warms my heart more than to see happy children whether they are mine or yours and I think we're all basically pretty happy these days.


As I mentioned, a time of transition. I've moved and sold the family home of 35 years (tears, smiles, and trying to not be sad that it will be gone but glad that we built it and it wrapped it's arms around my family for so many years)....and I know houses aren't people but we tend to get attached to something that protected us and kept us comfortable. Thank you, house at 765 S. Lexington Dr.  I will pay tribute to you later. Mason is moving, Lauri and James are interviewing, we all welcomed our dear little Mae (fifth child to Traci and Russ) and it has been a challenge to watch my mother age and lose her ability to serve others and difficult as we try to serve her to the capacity that she needs and deserves.....but all in all, we are blessed. I feel very blessed this day to be in Pine Valley (more about that later) and to attend church in this historic valley and to greet new faces each week as everyone wants just a "little bit of heaven" for a day.  I'm loving being greeted by the squirrels, sung to by the birds, taunted by the turkeys, surprised by the deer and tricked by the beautiful elusive butterflies each day.  I hope I never get tired of it. And on this day I especially appreciate so much the father of my children.......


....so in his element here in Pine Valley with open arms to one and all and cooking dutch oven. He truly was a very "present" father to our children and we miss him but feel his "presence" with us as he left us with many good memories and lessons of life as we learned by his example. And my own father.....
...who worked so hard for our family and was a great example of what a father should be. I always knew I was safe with him and can remember waiting anxiously in the wee hours of the morning for him to return from his water turns so I could go to sleep. I love him and miss him so. I'm also grateful to have another wonderful father in my life as I've been married to Randy for these past three years.
He is the father of nine children and I have come to appreciate the fun dad he is and how much he cares and still takes care of his kids. He learned from a fine example as his father has been a big influence on both of our lives these past few years. We miss Spencer J. Reber but his excellent example will live on and we are especially honored to be able to live in his beloved Pine Valley home. He and Josephine are here in spirit for sure. So, to all the men in my life who proudly wear the name of "DAD" I once again pay tribute to you all for the great jobs you do every day as you wear the many hats of fatherhood. It's been a wonderful sabbath day to honor you and let you know of our love and appreciation.
*****************************
I will continue to update the past three months but will leave you with this today. Thanks for checking in. Come back soon. 

No comments: