Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Just a day late....

...but heartfelt none-the-less as I wish my big man Max a "day late" Happy Birthday.....
I got to take him shopping and he chose some spy gear and a couple of shirts. This is a kid that knows the toy section of Target....racing from isle to isle with his brothers and finally zeroing in on this spy pen. Not sure what he plans to do with it but probably some spying....so watch out but if he comes to your door and tells you his parents are dead and he is going to have to live with you, well....you better check that one out. He's got a bit of mischief behind those eyes but an amazing little boy with an imagination gone wild. He'll be a fun one to watch through the years. I'm sure he had a big day yesterday. I'm still waiting to hear about it!!!! But, I was glad to spend last Friday him and his brothers as we started out the day at Fizz....their favorite bar...I mean drinking spot (that sounds like a bar to me).
Their favorite drink was the "Olaf" (lower left) but Jake and Scott made up one called the "Sven" and the owners put it on the menu. I was glad to get introduced to their favorite drinks and spend some time with them before I headed out to return to Folsom after a summer of being away. I was able to help Lauri and James get moved to their new home in Pleasant Grove.
I've been able to spend some good times with all of my kids this summer and I definitely will miss having Lauri and James in my home. The day before they moved, we got a new back yard....
It's just beautiful and will be great for us all to come to when we can. Also, some great improvements to Pine Valley and a great big thanks to all who have helped in both efforts. My nephew, Todd, has been great to get this yard put in and with the help of a lot of people that Mason knows and also my sons, these improvements have come about in Pine Valley.
Thanks again to all who made these improvements happen but now it's time to return yet to my other home, (wow, I have so many places to call home) where Randy and I were able to spend a couple of days with his kids who were vacationing in Lake Tahoe. We had some really great "nature time" in this beautiful place....
We started the day off with this hike....bit off a bit more than I could handle but we made it far enough to see some beautiful vistas.....
...and to be back in my kayak was amazing. It was so beautiful. We got out quite a ways and then saw the clouds roll in and headed back to shore. I just waited for the rain to come but Randy went snorkeling. He turned back and told me that I could have 50% of his find. Wasn't sure I wanted to split this creature so he let it go. It's been a great summer, now looking forward to a new season.

No comments: