Saturday, March 21, 2020

Quarantine 2020......

.......WHAAAAAT!!!!!!!?  For future viewers of this blog, yes we are all (all of the world) quarantined to our homes until further notice while we see if we can slow down this CORONA VIRUS. So I guess this blog is going to be about our quarantine. Randy is doing well, started out a bit rough but he can sleep in and do nothing with the rest of us now, bless his heart. Always lived a busy "gotta make some money" kind of life but now he's confined to his couch.  Several sunny memes have come through. I'll try to find some of the best and include them here for posterity. My very favorite was sent to me by Lauri.  They have done well. This would have been their spring break but next week is just plain "NO SCHOOL" and they have to make it up by online courses. For Traci, no big change. The boys, I think are all still working but home-life goes on as parents are getting creative with things to do while the kids are home. Lauri challenged her kid to dress their dolls in different outfits every day. I'm sure there's a lot more screen time mixed in there but so far it seems like everyone is fine. 

So Randy and I got out in the "Z" on one of the better days between all the snow and the rain. We rode to Gunlock Res then stopped for our new favorite Mexican food in Veyo. All restaurants closed to dining in customers but we made it just the day before that mandate. Now everything is take-out and I think the restaurants are getting streamlined and keeping some business going.


Randy finished a giant puzzle. Not only is he quarantined now, but is healing from shoulder surgery. I must say I think he is thriving.....well, maybe just surviving but he still has a smile on his face most of the time.
I've been doing some crocheting to pass time which always calms my nerves but I'm losing my knitting skills so I'm starting some knitting projects this week. I'll post my progress for posterity.


I took Traci out for her 35th birthday. Wow that seems old but......time flies by when you're having fun and I think she is. She seems to enjoy motherhood and has a lot of energy for those 5 kids. They keep her busy but she is succeeding at homeschooling them and making sure they get their music lessons...btw they are excelling and see to love it.  That was March 12th a really good day 35 years ago. I'm so glad I was able to give Lauri a sister and they truly are the best of friends. Then on March 17th would have been my 48th wedding anniversary. Scott always took me out for lobster on our anniversary and I've tried to keep it up throughout the years however, this year all the restaurants were closed to in house dining but they were willing to let us do take-out so Joyce shared that with me Red Lobster Take-out. Good times. A few favorite memes......and yes, there is a shortage of toilet paper.
 .....and I have been crocheting during this down-time and am soon to start knitting again and I want to assure you all that Randy and I are getting along pretty well...
*******************
I would like to end with this quote that I found and I know when we look back on this, we will be stronger.  One of the Facebook posts said that in 2050 our grandchildren will open our boxes of hoarded toilet paper......and on this note: we are still using Mom's Cheer detergent that she hoarded, no I mean saved that we found as we were cleaning out the storeroom.  Also, the many bags of sugar, salt, cocoa, and various other things that are being put to good use. Bless her heart for being prepared (to give it all to us) ha ha. Love you Mom. 
 And so from THE GREAT TOILET PAPER SHORTAGE OF 2020, I leave you with wishes of goodwill and lots of TP in case I run out.  Also, THE GREAT QUARANTINE OF 2020. Unbelievable. If you get this far, leave me a comment so I'll know you stopped by.

No comments: