Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thanksgiving in Kentucky

Lauri and I went to Louisville for Thanksgiving, picked up in the early morning by Spencer and greeted a few hours later by the kids.....then took the fam to Micky D's for breakfast/lunch. Lauri and I had a restful night at the Holiday in preparatory for the big day and arrived there to be surprised as "guest of the day" which came with my name at the entrance of the hotel and an upgraded room (meaning only moved to a higher floor) but I felt important. On Thanksgiving Day, we buffeted at the Inn then swam and the kids spent the night with me while the adults had a wild game night. I love havin' the kids stay with me at the hotel and they are so good. Sethy even joined us this time and I actually had them all to sleep by 9:30 miracle of miracles. I think we pretty much wore them out in the pool and the hot tub. Hope you can all enjoy my slide show. (Who am I kidding, no one looks at my blog) O.k. now......was it a good thing to "eat out" on Thanksgiving Day? Well...here's my take on it. If it's about the food then the answer is NO. But.....if it's about the family, then it was a resounding yes, yes, yes. We had a wild, fun time with no mess, no fuss but then again.....NO LEFTOVERS. I have to say I was glad to get back home Sunday and be able to go to my mom's and have her leftovers. Would I do it again? Probably.....it really was fun but I did miss the home cookin'. So to those who may say "how could you break a tradition", well we did and it was o.k.

Back home now and enjoying my kids here. Had George and Emily over last night and spent most of today with them. They are a joy to have around and Emily came in yesterday and announced that she was here to help me put up my Christmas Tree so that's what we did yesterday. She emptied out the Christmas Box and when George saw it today he asked if he could have it and I said "it's my Christmas box" and he asked if he could have it when I got through with it and I said "Probably, but it's been my Christmas box for 26 years" so I'm not sure when that will happen. It's my microwave box so you all know how old that is. He could have made something fun out of it I'm sure but I wasn't quite ready to give it up to my little "lover of boxes" just yet.

Looking forward now to Christmas having Mason's family and Traci's family with us this year. It's been good to enjoy the rain this past couple of days. The leaves are wet and heavy on the grass but the sun will be out soon to dry them out then hopefully more rain will fall.

No comments: