Sunday, March 23, 2008

My China Adventure

I've just returned from a few days in Beijing, China visiting friends, Janet and Mac Coleman who live there for a few more weeks. He's been there at the Embassy as an attache (meaning: A military attaché is a military expert who is part of a diplomatic mission; this post is normally filled by a high-ranking officer.) They showed us a really good time and I think we got a pretty good overview of the culture and were able to see up-close and personal the preparations that are going into the 2008 Summer Olympics. We've seen the building in progress and witnessed the outward attempts to make the city presentable even down to getting garbage cans and American toilets. It's all good though and I'll be very interested to watch it and see how that already crowded city handles the crowds of Olympic attendees. The Great Wall had to be the highlight of the trip and it's pretty cool to me that I was there..... I traveled with two other friends, Kathy McCleskey from Texas and Phyllis Snow both longtime BFF's and that in itself was a kick! We had lots of BPP time.

4 comments:

M&M WELLS said...

I am happy you made it home. Looks like you had a good time. Can't wait to hear about the trip.

Spencer said...

Welcome home - I'm glad you're back so you can keep up your blogging.

Erika Sullivan said...

Jillyn, I am sooo jealous that you got to go to China! What a trip of a lifetime! My sister and I were discussing the chinese toilets a week or so ago, they don't sound too fun. Any funny stories? Oh, and you're so into this blogging/internet thing that even I don't understand all the acronyms...anyone want to fill me in on BPP?

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am Dale Neuffer and a good friend of Mac and Janet. I am trying to find them. Can you help provide a email or other address or phone number. or forward my email address to them. "ldneuffer@aol.com"
Thank you.