Sunday, April 15, 2012

Missing a good man today...

On Friday, Spencer J. Reber passed from this earth after having lived an 85 year life packed with happiness. I think the hardest part is that he won't be in Pine Valley this summer and I, for one, will miss that. For the past few summers, I would look forward to going up there and visiting with he and Jo on my weekly visits. I haven't been vocal about it on this blog but I am soon to be married to Spence Reber's son, Randy and am very honored to become a part of this wonderful family. I've known Spence and Josephine for years but have enjoyed getting to know the rest of them during this precious time and have marveled at the strength and love they show to one another and especially to their mother and father.
He suffered with Parkinson's but it only slowed him down; didn't stop him from doing what he loved. He bore it well. We are all better for having known this good man and our hearts will be with sweet Josephine at this time.
************************************
Randy and I will be married in Pine Valley on May 26.
Wish Spence could be there but I'm sure he will be in spirit.

6 comments:

The Ivins Gang said...

Wow! I was so shocked to read those few lines about you getting married. I couldn't be more happy for you Jillyn. Randy looks like a sweet man. Congrats! So exciting!!!! I hope Randy is a traveler and likes Disneyland!!!! :) Love, Lacey Ivins

Karen Mendenhall said...

Sorry to hear about Spence. We met him last summer, such a fighter he was to the end. He will be missed by all who knew him...as for your great news I say. IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU POSTED THIS HAPPY EVENT IN YOUR LIFE!!! I am so happy for you, nobody should have to go through this life alone, I am sure Scott would not have wanted that for you. You deserve some happiness to, so be happy, enjoy the journey, and come see us in Hurricane once in awhile, we miss you!

Anita Wells said...

Congratulations! We saw Lauri and Traci last night at Mieka's and they shared the good news. Wishing you every happiness together.

Staheli said...

So happy for you and Randy, Mom! I haven't seen Spence Reber for a long time but I sure have some fond memories of that couple and their lovely cabin. I love you. Can't wait to see you again.

Carin said...

There's something satisfying about a life well-lived. Congratulations to you and Randy, and our warmest wishes that your life together will be filled with happiness.

Penny said...

Hey Joel can perform the marriage now that he's a Bishop if you want. He'd be more than happy to do it. Congrats!