Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A bit o' blogger's block.....

...and I don't know why other than maybe I've moved into the hustle and bustle of the season and it doesn't seem all that exciting to blog it but I'll get back on track and get out 'n about so I'll have something to share. I've been busy getting my Christmas cards out and one cool thing happened last night.....I connected with an old friend on Facebook. I was looking for the Gill's address (some friends that Kyle knew on his mission that we have stayed in contact with until recently and I just got a hankerin' to send them a card and to find out how their little family of 6 kids whose names all start with "t" are doing, so I set out to find them. I did "Dexonline.com"....that didn't work....so I went to Facebook and there he was....good ol' Steve Gill himself so I "friended" him and he accepted and we chatted and then he friended Kyle and so on and so forth...then I find out he and his wife are divorced and he's in a relationship with Randy's niece....(such a small world) then he called me this morning and we had a good chat about life, memories, good times, tough times.....so good to be in touch with old friends. Once a friend, always a friend and if ya meant something to me once, ya still do so my Christmas card list is huge and I do it mostly 'cause I like to hear from everyone. In this day and age of instant communication, the Christmas card is becoming extinct....so I'm doing my best to keep it alive. This is my card in case you didn't get one.....
**************************
Randy and I ventured last week to Folsom Prison.....wanted to look for some cool t-shirts (they do have a museum and gift shop) and it was fun to go in and see the memorabilia and check out the Johnny Cash shrine........
The picture on the left is a ferris wheel built out of toothpicks.....I guess the prisoners have a lot of time on their hands after they put in their day of making license plates. I'm looking in on one of the toughest in the house.....and Randy and I pose at the front gate. It's enough to make you want to obey the law for sure......and speaking of laws, I think there is one that says you have to make at least one batch of fudge during the holidays.
 Well, I did it tonight and Randy got the bowl all clean so now we just need to give a lot away or pace ourselves.........and speaking of pacing...my pace was pretty slow today as we decided to head out on our bikes for Sacramento....a mere 26 miles of trails that runs through this neck of the woods.....
Lots to see along the way and we stopped for a bit at the fish hatchery and tried to see some spawning but not the right time of year....but lots of guys fishing, geese sunning and lightning fast bikers passing us along the way. It was a beautiful day for a ride.....and, just so ya know, we only made it about 5 miles then stopped for lunch and shopping then caught the light rail back to our car. A good time was had by all.....I'm going to see if the fudge has set yet then heading out to the treadmill and the hot tub.....see ya.

No comments: