Sunday, December 2, 2012

Molly's first white dress.....

....the same one worn by her mother just 29 short years ago.
It was her blessing day today and we all ventured down to Henderson to support Lauri and her family.
The dress was as beautiful today as it was back then as little Molly was held in the arms of her father, grandfather and uncles.....to be given a name and a blessing. James did a great job....Lauri did too. I'm so very well-pleased with both of them and their sweet testimonies.
This has been a week of family and the cousins have had a chance to get to know their newest additions to the cousin's club.....Harry and Molly have both had their turns at being passed around.
....and the parties just appear out of nowhere. Kyle texted everyone...."tacos at our house at 5".....I think he forgot to send one to JoEllen but she was a good sport about it all. Kyle had some friends from China visiting the college and invited them over to the chaos but they seemed to enjoy it.
When we blog, life just seems to be one big party, fun and games all the time. We joked that we should start blogging about the "mundane"....so, just so you know, there's a leak in my kitchen faucet and the downstairs toilet,  my garage door is broken, I just had to pay my taxes and I'm broke, Mandy had to have some heart surgery, (she's doing fine)....I'm tired as heck (and I get ornery when I'm sleep deprived), every once in a while there's a little misunderstanding between loved ones (mostly because we become sleep deprived) .....but I'm surrounded by my loving family and every once in a while, a party breaks out so it makes it all worth it.....
I think Harry has the right idea....just sleep through the tuff stuff and wake up when the party starts....

No comments: