Saturday, June 15, 2013

A wild and crazy summer....

..has begun. I took off last Wednesday, just me and my Accord and headed across Nevada to Traci's... hadn't been there for lots of months. It truly was great fun to see her and her little ones in action. I'd only heard about it and done a little Facetime here and there but I got to be right there in the middle of it for a day and it was AWESOME....
She's got that household running like a well oiled machine. Loved every minute of it. 
I'll let the pictures speak the thousands of words that they are worth.....the first stop was the zoo.
Then off to Ruth's Diner for lunch. The boys were great and the food was amazing as usual. This is one of our all-time favs......and the outdoor dining was divine.
I introduced my little detectives to Geocaching. Russ had just given the boys each their own little magnifying glasses so off we trekked....Jake was thoroughly enthralled with finding bugs while Scotty found our first cache. It was small but so fun to find one on the first try. The big one was our fourth. We were 2 for 4 on the day...not too bad.
I headed down the road in time for Maycee's soccer game in Cedar at the Summer Games....they won. Saturday found me up and early to a swim meet.
George and Emily both competed. Such good little swimmers and they seem to love it.
Then back up to Cedar for Maycee's championship game. It was a nail-biter but they won after two over-times and then a shoot-out. Oh, my.....what a day. I think I'll go to Pine Valley and relax.....
But before I sign off, it's Shana's birthday today so a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her on this day before Father's Day. I guess she pretty much has to share this day with Spencer most every year.
...and we all know not to mess with her, right? I'm glad she is the mother of this fine family.
Have a great day, Shana and eat some cake....and to all the fathers out there, Happy Father's Day tomorrow. I know I've been influenced by a lot of good father's in my life but most grateful to be the mom to three really great dads.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

Thank you sooooo much for coming Mom. We all had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again!