Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Out with the old.....

....and now it's 2020 here on out but before I start the new year, let me finish off a bit of 2019 which ended with a bang. I'll start with the last thing we did as it is one of my favorites....(I think this was the 5th year) and I always breath a sigh of relief when it's over and no one is hurt. Spencer told his co-workers yesterday that he was headed up to the Veyo Roller Rink after work and one of them asked if he was up to date with his Tetanus shot.......funny but a bit true. It's pretty run down and I'm sure the floor hasn't been re-done in the five years and.....we decided they need to provide some new shoelaces.......plenty of skates but no laces.  Maybe we can do that as  service project this year....I'll think about it but I think because it is so laid back, no one watching over us that we love it so much.
 We have pizza and left over treats from Christmas and......a whole lot of fun. Can't skate, ride a scooter.

Everyone heads home to celebrate the New Year. We did miss Mason's family this year but they were here the week before and Kyle called us all together for a "Cake Night" which we all love.
I take every opportunity I can to party and pic with these 20 wonders.....missing George but he's in our hearts.
Christmas Eve found me with my family enjoying another family tradition. Joyce joined us this year as Jarrett was out of town. The kids got their usual dollar bills and hats that light up. I got to watch Lauri's family open their Christmas jammies then we headed out to Joyce's where Randy and I joined her for a sleep-over and Christmas morning. So fun to be with my sister after 50 plus years,
We enjoyed opening presents to and from each other.....Joyce and I especially enjoying our reading lights and Randy his "carry and conceal" hammer set. Then we headed to Lauri's for Christmas Dinner.  It was a good celebration and so, so, so, important to be with family
*****************************************
Speaking of family, Spencer and Shana and fam came to play in the snow. Spencer chalks it up as being a good dad as he sleeps by the fire and they play outside. Whatever it takes, I love having them come up. They always find something interesting. Check out the hunt for ice crystals.
 Wow, I think he broke the record.......
 Drew and Seth still trying......
Out my window a couple of days ago.....
*************************************
We slipped away to Salt Lake for a couple of days and were able to get our teeth cleaned and checked by Mason. We stayed at the Kimball one night then at Little America which is always fun.....we love both places. We were able to see Kaila, Tessa and fam, and Megan and fam. We enjoyed a very cold visit to Zoo Lights.
 One of my favorite parts of the trip was contributing to the Giving Machine. I thought we were pretty cheap.
....but someone somewhere will enjoy the chickens we sent them. What an amazing invention.
While at the JSM Building I found an old friend from our school days in Pullman. Margaret and I did the church scrapbook for a couple of years and really had a great time. I use several of her recipes to this day. Such a long time ago but it's always fun to get caught up.
....but my really favorite part of the trip was seeing Mason and his family.
 I always miss them at our Christmas Eve parties but I was able to give the kids my grandma present and visit with them for a bit.
 It's been a wonderful holiday season and a wonderful year.......
Me by a fire........here I am at Little America enjoying the memories of past times there. Our family's favor Christmas vacation spot, always good memories. Before I close out this portion of my blog book, let me add a few random pics that I'd like to post.
Pine Valley communities has really fun parties and we try to attend them when possible.  This was an especially fun one at the fire station. Always good food and good association with our neighbors and friends.
Looking forward to the new year watching Scott at Dixie's Got Talent, a fun book by Lyman Hafen and Ester West that I have enjoyed giving as gifts, Molly and Lucy in a fashion show at Jubilee of Trees, Randy enjoying the beautiful early winter weather, Spencer in my favorite shirt.....me in Texas admiring the flora....and I never give Randy enough credit for the wonderful person he is in my life. We have had a really great 7 plus years together. I've been crocheting a lot; here's a hat and my teddy bears: I made one for each of the kids on their birthdays. I'm sure I've already included some of them on other posts but it really "sparked joy" for me to make each one of them with love with the person I love in mind as I stitched them. I will close this year for now and enter 2020 with a few goals in mind that I will mention in tomorrows post. I'm so very grateful for my many, many blessings and I will continue to talk about them in future posts. Welcome with open arms......
2020

No comments: