Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"A happy family....

.....is but an earlier heaven" - George Bernard Shaw. I was in heaven this past week as my family gathered to honor our family and celebrate our home that is 30 years old this month. We gathered early to "work" and work "they" did.....as my trees were trimmed, sidewalks swept and cobwebs removed and years of neglect were wiped away in an hour or two of really hard work. The little ones did "job jar" inside while the big ones cleaned up outside and Traci and I tended the babies.

Pretty much this yard is more than I can keep up but it was good to give it a good "over-haul" and hopefully I'll try a little harder and give it the attention it deserves. Happy 30th birthday to our house and yard. It's served us well through the years.

A little work and a lot of play was the theme of the day as we headed out to the pool for the rest of the afternoon....

....and a yummy bar-b -que hosted by Mason.

The rest of the activities of the day were very well planned and orchestrated by Lauri and Traci from awards for all of the kids achievements and a trip to Snow Shack to spend their dollars, to the cute shirts for the kids which they all signed, to a fun and creative treasure hunt through the 'hood, to a rockin' talent show and ending with Candy Bar Bingo. It has warmed my heart to have my family join me this past week and I need them all to know what fun I had watching them all interact, laugh and participate and truly enjoy being together.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

What a fun time. Thanks Mom. I thought it was an incredible reunion.