Sunday, July 17, 2011

'Tis the season.....

.....for family reunions and I hope you've had your share of them cuz they're fun and as we are heading into our "St. George Wells Family Reunion" this coming week-end, I forgot to post some pictures from a very important one....The Hal Sullivan Family Reunion that we held in Pine Valley on the 4th of July. It's a long-standing tradition to gather at Mom's for pizza and fireworks but we decided to spend the day in the cool mountain air in honor of my dad who would have been right there with us and boy would he have loved a good game of Cornhole....speaking of which, Shawna and Mason won the championship this year.
We loved some "porch" time then headed down the mountain for the usual viewing of the fireworks.

We've been doing this for a lot of years.....and hopefully many more years to come and hopefully the Pine Valley tradition will endure as well. Happy reunioning folks.

Can I just say a couple of things about my family here....and know that I'm really sentimental this time of year but I just gotta say how much I love being surrounded by them. We have been so blessed to have my mom welcome us to her home for all these occasions....and every Sunday night. Life isn't perfect and a lot of "stuff" happens to each of us but we have "family"....the one constant in our lives to give us something to smile about and it seems we can always find the smiles and laughs when we are together. So....as we remember those that came before, may we all honor their hard work and sacrifice so that we can have the good life we have today and appreciate the "reunion" for what it is.....a time to celebrate our roots and rub shoulders with those who share the blessing of "family". Happy 24th of July one and all.
********************************
SOME THINGS I FORGOT TO BLOG.......
Traci couldn't come to town without a trip to Pine Valley and we did just that with the activity of the day being cake decorating......

.....and you know the little boys couldn't be kept away very long......

The finished product. I think we all did a pretty good job. Thanks, Lauri. You are a pro. I've always wanted to learn how to make those pretty roses that they put on cakes.



...and a trip to St. George isn't complete without a visit to the Town Center.....

....and now we have a Carousel............

....and a little nostalgia with Judd's right across the street.

Our own little "Stars Hollow" if you ask me.

No comments: