Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My bucket list...

.....has one less item on it. I did Disneyland solo and I have one more day and still lots to do. With both a season pass and a plane ticket that expire at the end of the month, I just had to do it. I don't profess to be an expert but I know how I like "my Disneyland" and I've pretty much got er done but not quite. Yep, I'm gonna need another day but I did find Mickey tonight......that made me happy.

Anyone that knows how I do Disneyland, knows that I find the Billy Hills first and usually take in anywhere from two to all five shows in a day. I always make new friends at his shows. He has quite a few "groupies".

They were in fine form and no matter how many times I see them, they just make me smile.

After taking in the parade twice and the fireworks, it was nice to find a ride back to the hotel after my first afternoon here.

Today I was able to take in Aladdin, always a favorite....a lunch at Blue Bayou (I got right in. Amazing what you can pull off when it's just "one" of you!)....fireworks (from even a better spot than last night) and quite a few character sightings.....

One of my favorite treats in the park are Apple Fritters with pineapple dipping sauce....gotta have a few.

I'm here to tell ya, this is not the time to bring kids. Never seen it so crowded and quite a little heat wave. It borders on child abuse to drag the kids around and maneuver around these crowds....but for me, I've enjoyed having the time to take it easy, stop when I need to stop and find some shade. There's always room for one more when you find a spot of shade. It's been great and I'm glad I came. The best time still for families is "off season" and in the rain....(rain keeps the locals away). Would I do Disneyland alone again? You bet....but it's still more fun to share the joy so come on and join me. It's always a great escape.

5 comments:

Lauri said...

Wow mom!! That's huge. I do wish I was there but a different time of the year. Glad you are having fun.

joycew said...

Seriously, I sooooo wish I was with you, heat and all. (Can it be worse than St. George?) And, seriously, we need to start planning OUR next DL trip, just we two!

Camie said...

ok, I super duper love that you love disney land so much. My family is not DL goers or lovers but my inlaws are and I quickly developed a love for it. I crave it....I think I love it more then my girls. I think I might just have to add this to my bucket list. What a fun time...

xomom said...

Okay, you will have to take me with you next time. I don't recognize anything on your blog (except Mickey and you), so I obviously am missing the best things in DL. I need you for my guide.

Staheli said...

You are my hero and I have to say that I was insanely jealous of you the whole time you were there. I want to reach into the screen and eat those apple fritters all up....oh yum. Next time, count me in!