Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Celebrating firsts.....

.....is always a good thing and I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we will celebrate and commemorate the "first" Wells family tradition....BLT day remembering that December 1st (or 2nd, there seems to be a discrepancy so we celebrate both days) in 1972, a sunny, cold, Logan afternoon when we just happened to be having BLTs and eating them outside at the top of the stairs in the sun and happened to be talking about establishing family traditions and just happened to say..."let's have this be our first one, BLTs on December 1st (or 2nd, not real sure and it was not documented so learn from me people, document, document document or it is as if it never happened but this did happen and we have kept it as a tradition through the years).
We are heading into "tradition full" times and anticipating those "yearly" things we do as families and establishing new ones. I, for one look forward to a few simple things we do this time of year....getting my "real" tree and getting it put up in my family room, home run derby, Christmas Eve chaos at Mom's....appreciating ever so much as we all know some of these don't last forever and will be replaced with new ones...but that's o.k. too. So....welcome to December. Simplify...and try to enjoy the "reason for the season" (I'm talking to myself here). Be kind and be happy. That's what He wants from us as we celebrate His birth. My love to my friends and my family....this may be the only Christmas card I send.

2 comments:

Intro to Investments said...

Ahhhh... finally a new blog. Please keep it going Mom.

Staheli said...

I second "Intro to Investments". Keep em comin' Mom. I for one usually celebrate BLT day on the first but this year, I will have mine tonight (2nd).