Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Every now and then...

....as I'm enjoying my grand kids, I think of how much Scott would have loved being a grandpa and how fun it would be to have him here enjoying them with me...and it's pretty normal I guess just to wonder what would be different....what would be the same. All I know is that there would be a whole lot of laughing and a whole lot of love but I hope tomorrow, we can all pause for a moment and miss him as it is his birthday. He would have been 62 and would have been lovin' life. He taught me a lot about "lovin' life"....and appreciating the blessings we have been given.

Laynee and George are the only grandchildren he got to hold in this life....I'm sure he's loved and sent the others on their way.....but I know he would have loved watching these little ones play and I had to take this opportunity to once again pay tribute to my wonderful basement that gets transformed into many creative dwellings.....here's the latest from last Sunday.
Several little huts with specific purposes...... ....and of course, a menu. No basement play is ever complete without food. I love it....always a surprise to go down the next day (or week) and see what they have been doing but that's how I raised the kids.....never wanted to intrude on their territory and interrupt any creative play if ya know what I mean.











I'm sure he's somewhere (wherever Heaven is) watching me enjoy these cute kids and enjoying them with me. Happy Birthday, Grandpa.....you are missed.

7 comments:

Anita Wells said...

This made me cry! I'm sure he's up there taking care of those yet to come, and watching and missing you all here.
My grandpa died before I was born but I've always felt very close to him.

Carin said...

Oh, Aunt Jillyn. Thank you for this lovely post. Just so you know, Uncle Scott is remembered here. My children know and love the stories I've shared. He was a special part of my childhood and your strength continues to bless my adulthood. Sending a hug and a happy 62nd birthday,
Carin

Gawain said...

Jillyn,

Thanks so much for your memories and loyalty to Skeeter Scott. Those pictures and your story make me cry too, especially from this distance. I miss my brother, and I mourn for what he AND we have missed in losing him. It's been hard this time in Germany to be missing the family activities, especially the birth and blessing our little George. In Africa everything was upside down because summer is just coming on. Here the cold reminds us of just what is coming on--more cold.

We have loved tracking the growth of Lucy. She is such a sweetheart.

Gawain

Nancy Wells said...

Aunt Jillyn

We tried writing a comment before but I don't see it posted here so I thought I'd try again. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

This was such a lovely post. We loved remembering Uncle Scott. If I'm reading this right, Uncle Scott's birthday is on November 16th which means he shares his birthday with our little Ruby. Happy Birthday Uncle Scott!

Staheli said...

I miss him so much. I want so badly to just sit with him again, or drive up to Pinevalley. Thanks mom, I love you. I love you Dad, Happy Birthday!

Lauri said...

I love him too. I'm sure he sent Lucy down to us and I hope he is looking down on her and pleased with the beautiful girl she is becoming. Wish he were here with us today.

Spencer said...

Had a nice quiet day at work and read the entire book you gave us back a few years ago about Dad and his hats. It's been a good day. Love you Mom.