Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's maddening....

....when technology doesn't work and my Internet Explorer has been down for the last two days and hasn't been letting me blog and I have so much to say....don't all of us bloggers? Anyway, let me start out by wishing JoEllen a great big Happy Birthday today and tell her how much I have appreciated her taking Kyle off my hands.....she has done a super job with him and she is an amazing mom to their four little kids, George, Emily, Evan and Matty. I hope you've let them pamper you today, JoEllen....

Also, I just got back from a little trip to Northern California where I was able to re-connect with some old friends from our Vet School days. Julie and Raul Rodriguez lived by us at East (or North, can't remember) Fairway in Pullman, Washington. When we first met them, they were newlyweds and we really enjoyed them as neighbors but didn't really ask them to join our church. We talked a bit about it and answered their questions and when we returned from Spring Break, they told us they were going to be baptized. Some other neighbors are the ones that asked the question....but they have always reassured us that we were a good example to them. That should have been a reason for me to be more bold and ask "the question" more....but I'm grateful for those bold neighbors that did ask. Time faded away as we met last Thursday and spent a few minutes together to get caught up on life......

One of my favorite things in this life is to meet and associate with good, positive people....and to know they are never really out of my life and that I will meet them again some day. When I actually do, it's amazing.

No comments: