Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Go take a hike"....

...are words I'm loving to hear most every Saturday....(actually, it usually comes in a text saying something like..."we're heading out on a hike, no biggie)...and I just assume it's an invitation and my schedule is such that it's easily adjusted to join in...
.....and I'm even willing to let the grandkids throw rocks at me in exchange for the pure pleasure of discovering the beauty with which I'm surrounded that I've missed the last 60 years living in this beautiful place. This one was Red Mountain Trail north of town....as far as the "no biggie" part. Well, let's just say it was a little bigger than expected but well worth the "trudging on" to see what we would find at the end. Aw....beautiful vistas. We are so blessed.

Speaking of blessings....let me count Disneyland as one of them.
One of the great escapes where nothing is real....and for a couple of days, sure can cure the winter blues....especially if it's 85 degrees, no crowds.......beautiful blue sky, lots of sunshine......
.....and plenty of churros. But, as my mother says...."you have to eventually get back and face reality"....aw, but the good times take the bite off a bit if ya ask me. Thanks, Walt, for creating this place. May there always be Disneyland!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Intro to Investments said...

Thanks for the post Mom. Thanks for letting us know what's going on. Keep it coming.

Staheli said...

I second that....there had better always be Disneyland cause it might be a while before I make it there and I NEED it to be there when we're ready.

Sarah said...

And you paid $6 for a churro I bet!! I am so glad to live in this beautiful area as well and with Disneyland close, it's even better!