Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's comforting to know.....

....that there are people interested in preserving our rich heritage in this area and we were able to take Spence and Jo (Randy's parents) up to Silver Reef to visit the museum there and to learn about the history of this area. It was a big part of my dad's childhood as he grew up in Leeds where Silver Reef and Oak Grove were his stomping grounds. Randy was able to meet someone that knew his Mission President , Dale Tingey when he served with the Navajo's. He even got in a little of the language as they exchanged greetings. We also enjoyed the Red Cliffs camping area that was overflowing with hikers and campers on this beautiful February President's Day weekend.
It took me back to simpler times when Scott was recovering from his Bone Marrow Transplant and we had the time to explore in the daytime and take the girls out on excursions. Silver Reef was one of our favorites.
It's also comforting to know that families still like to sit around a dinner table and talk, long after dinner has been cleaned up. I enjoyed having the Reber Clan over and enjoy a meal around my table...and it was comforting to know I could still cook and after about 3 months of no oven to finally have one to cook it in.
It's comforting to know that every once in a while, I'll get a call from one of my family inviting me to join them....last night it was the kids in the hot-tub. I was happy to head out for a few minutes in the cold evening air and enjoy a soak with the kids.
It's comforting to know that I'm going to have many years of enjoying the various sports that the kids are participating in. They had a soccer tournament this past week-end and we were able to get at least one game in of each of the grandkids.....and now with basketball, baseball, soccer, gymnastics, plays, dance recitals, cheer competitions.....never a dull moment. But I still enjoy watching my boys play their sports.
Monday nights I've been able to go over and watch Mason rip it up on the court once again with Adam, Tyler, Justin and others. They're a bit older, ya, but still got the drive and hustle (most of the time.) They fall a little harder, breath a little heavier but try just as hard for the win. As I post today I'm thinking that it's comforting to know that I'm surrounded by my family and people that I love and that love me. What greater comfort can there be in life!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

And we do love you Jillyn! Thanks for always checking in on us too and coming to what you can! My kids light up when they see you!