Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"This is a story 'bout....

Evan.....his mother sent him out to buy bread. (Are you singing along with me? It was grandparents day at Heritage Elementary and I went down and shared this little ditty that I sing to my grand kids). Evan didn't feel like walkin'..... he wished he could waddle instead...and he said; If I was a penguin I'd waddle to the store, waddle to the store, waddle to the store....if I was a penguin I'd waddle to the store, waddle to the store for my mother."
Then I let each kid decide what they would rather be and we sing it...some choose snakes that slither, kangaroos that jump, birds that fly....so on and so on....
Today I've been thinkin' 'bout that little song and wishin' I could be something else...mostly rich with lots of money so I could help my kids and travel to exotic places......but the rest of the song goes...."But Emily got thinkin' about the loaf of bread and she knew she better move along....and as she walked she started to smile and she made up a brand new song....and she said....I'm glad I'm me and I'm walkin' to the store, walkin' to the store, walkin' to the store. I'm glad I'm me and I'm walkin' to the store, walkin' to the store for my mother." And....I am glad I'm me....I have so many blessings. I own my home and a beautiful "Heaven on Earth" in Pine Valley, I'm surrounded by my family and my grandkids...and I'm especially thankful to be a grandma to 15 wonderful little ones that love me and make me smile....and amazing friends. Yessiree (sp?) I'm glad I'm me.....and that I can walk to the store if I want to.

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Glad you are blogging again. I sing that song to Lucy all the time.

Staheli said...

I sing that song to my boys all the time. They usually come up with crazy stuff like super spy ninjas and then I stumble around when I think of how a super spy ninja is suppose to get to the store. You look good mom, you look happy! Love you.

Sarah said...

Love that you are close enough to do this kind of thing!