Monday, February 4, 2013

Just pure laziness on my part....

....as I've neglected this blog for a while and it's not due to the lack of things of which to blog 'cause life is full of "blogworthy moments" and if it's not, then one must get out there and make some. Last week, we ventured up to one of my favorites places, the little hamlet of Placerville which houses my all-time favorite yarn shop, "Lofty Lou's" and my new favorite restaurant "Sweetie Pies". After lunch and a browse through the shelves of yarn, we found a quaint little grave-yard and enjoyed walking around a bit....
...and actually, I think it would be wrong to call it a grave-yard as I have recently learned that the difference between a cemetery and a grave-yard is the latter is usually connected to a building of worship. So, the Old Uppertown Cemetery gave us plenty to contemplate. Not much up-keep goes on here but it was an interesting find at the end of the stairs. Then on over to "Gold Bug Mine"....
...where we just walked around a bit, snapped a few pictures and listened to the frogs croak.
We're finding some mighty fine picnic spots when the spring weather comes....which isn't too far away. I think I'm gonna miss my daffodils this year. Here they are in January already pushing out of the ground.
Speaking of perseverance......Josephine finished the tablecloth I got for her to work on. She is so amazing as she can sew on these projects for hours on end. This one is most beautiful and I will cherish it forever. Such fine detail here and teeny tiny little stitches.
A month gone already in this new year and it's been a good one. The weather is getting warmer.  Looking forward to exploring new horizons in the months to come. A trip to Daffodil Hill is certainly on my agenda. Nothin' but sunny days ahead...(maybe a little rain on Thursday but we need it).

No comments: