Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Redemption.....

.....finally getting a proper birthday blog post for Lauri.  I hope she had a wonderful "day after her birthday" and that she got the celebration she deserves. James made a book for her of her accomplishments over the last 30 years which include a mission, a 3-month BYU study in Mexico, a B.S. degree in Psychology, a wonderful mother to two, awesome wife to James....and a very important one is being a sister to Traci....(sorry Traci, about the finger in the nose but this was the best one of the two of you)...
...and an exceptional daughter to me. She has a wonderful cooking blog that you really must check out if you haven't already. lauriskitchencabinet.blogspot.com All recipes are tried and tested with only the best making publication.
She's accomplished a lot in her 30 years on this earth and brought a lot of joy and happiness to a lot of people. This little girl came to me after 4 boys so there was a lot of pink in the house and a lot of oohs and aws. Here's to another 30 and then some. Hope you got to eat some cake....
....and to quote Emily, "may there always be cousins". Lucy enjoyed her cousins in Traci's back yard on Saturday. I saw this quote about cousins the other day ....“A cousin sees the first tear, catches the second, and stops the third".....and it really should say.. "A cousin causes the first tear, catches the second and stops the third". There are always a few tears when the cousins get together but they never last long. Cousins are the extra brothers and sisters we get to have because our parents couldn't handle us all....they are the childhood memories that we can always take with us. These kids made some really good memories last Saturday. Thanks, again Traci. It was lots of fun.
Not sure I'm gonna make it back to town in the next couple of months so I took in this last night.....Tuacahn is just the most amazing venue. It's hard to be "from" here and not take in all the plays and concerts that are offered. So, I must.....('cause everyone knows that I don't wanna miss a thing).
I'll take in this one tonight. The St. George kids are all back in school (even Kyle) and Scott and Jake will start next week in Bountiful. These kids are bizzzzzy......oh my, I do remember those days. Makes me tired thinking about it. Can I just finish this with one last picture to put a smile on your face......
....and just so you know, I do love my family....each and every one of them. 

No comments: