Sunday, August 25, 2013

Maxed out.....

....on fun this past week-end but first and foremost, speaking of MAX....it's his birthday and this first collage goes out to him....man of the week and a little man he is in every way. Strong-willed but very cute about it and with that smile, he's a charmer. Love this kid and hope he has the best day ever. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, big Max. You are awesome in every way....
....and speaking of max, I maxed out my camera this past week-end at Lake Powell 'cause we also maxed out on fun.....I really don't think we could have put any more of it into the 2 days we had there. So here come the collages....
Ya gotta start out with a bit of swimming and just relaxing....kinda testing the water....
..then some fishing and jumping off the dock.....
...with a little cliff jumping.....
...some boogie boarding (Evan is rockin' this one)!!!!
Throw in some wake boarding (the kids did awesome on this one but it was good to finally see the pros at their finest).
...and just riding in the boat.....(my favorite part of it all. I could do it all day and all night).
I just love being with my family and watching the cousins play and get along so well. I have to add one last collage just to let you know how they watch out for each other. Notice Maycee (upper left) is trying to signal to the driver (Mason) to slow down a bit because they all realize that McKay isn't doing so well......
Kyle's trying to give encouraging words but it's just not happening fast enough so George takes it on himself to jump so the driver will stop the boat. Way to go George.....McKay is fine and Kyle's just taking it all in. They carry on and once again, we are home safe and sound, no casualties. I am so grateful each time we get home safely. I used to pray really hard when my boys would hike the Subway and then give a prayer of gratitude for their safe return. Nothing has changed....they still play hard and are teaching their kids to play hard so I will keep praying (and close my eyes a lot). Thanks, Mason for a fun couple of days. He and Mandy are always willing to sacrifice so we can have this yearly trip. Everyone's lives are so busy, a lot of things have to be shuffled (some even missed) to make it happen but it's so worth it.  
Emily got to spend some quality time with her dad. This will be her Daddy/Daughter Date picture that she missed. Thanks again Mason. We do love our "Powell Time". Now I'm off for a little "Tahoe Time" with Randy and his family.

No comments: