Monday, August 12, 2013

The winding down of summer....

.......puts me in a philosophical mood but this says it best.
I've loved my summer days, lounging lazily in the sun....but now it's Fall....I really must get something done. How philosophical is that???? Yep, I have big plans to finish up some histories, some UFOs (unfinished objects in my knitting bin) and maybe (I said "maybe") get a head start on Christmas. We have been out enjoying these last warm summer days. I'm always amazed when we find new places and hide-a-ways and discover new favorites. We have been passing this restaurant for a year and a half now but decided to try it...got seating on the deck on a beautiful evening overlooking the American River and the food was wonderful....
Randy hasn't missed a Friday night taking me out on the town. I do love my Friday night dates......
As we were out enjoying nature this past week-end, I finally got to try out a kayak...and I must say, I LOVED IT.....(I had the camera so there is no proof but I did it and I'm hooked). The American River is really a nice place to play. Excitement is in the air and I have fond memories of this time of year. I wait anxiously to hear about the first day of school from my grandchildren. I must get some tomato soup cookin' to get the full effect.....good bye summer. It's been great!!!!!

No comments: