Thursday, February 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday #4

....and here's a couple of pictures that I wanted to post on my sister's birthday post but I saved them for today.....
....simpler times for sure. Mom's holding Joyce and I'm just lookin' cute.....not knowing what fun lies ahead with my sister.
Fast forward a few years....Bruce, Joyce (lovely gloves), me and Clark. The hair courtesy of sponge rollers. Looks like a beautiful Spring day.....maybe Easter. Speaking of new beginnings....
....here's some living amongst the dead. I looked out the window and what did I see.....some popcorn on a tree that I thought was lost. There are just a few branches left of my apricot tree that I have given over to only supporting my ivy which gives me privacy from the tall building behind me. The ivy has died but the blossoms of the tree have come through. The winter frost was really hard on our landscapes around here so whatever life there is, we applaud....and speaking of applause....
.....make some noise for my family that participated in the Dog Town Half Marathon. JoEllen and the kids did the 5-K and Laynee and Kyle did the half....Laynee taking first in the 19 and under category. Read more about her HERE. I'm actually in town a bit to finish getting my basement back together and it's always good to take in some of the many activities my kids are involved with.....
I flew into Vegas last Friday and caught one of Drew's soccer games.....then Monday.....George's piano recital....he did an amazing job.
Wish I could post the video but it was too long. We need to get it on You Tube along with Scott's poppin' and lockin' moves. I'll keep you posted....but back to Throw Back Thursday.....
Here's Seth just a few years ago.......and tomorrow is his birthday.
He plays ball.....(soccer, basketball and baseball) and recently, pickle ball. He's handsome and smart, and has a lot of money (sounds like the makings of a really good husband one day)....but for now, he's lovin' life just being a kid. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SETH.....out of all your many qualities, your awesomeness is what I like the most.....and while we are on the subject of awesome.....
 How's this for beating the winter blues in Bountiful????? Russ took some PTO and they had an FFD (Family Fun Day)......love it. Just wish I would have been there. Actually, I've had a couple of weeks of FMBF (Fix My Basement Fun).....(subject of another blog)!!!!
 So, no matter what's going on in your life, there's always time for a mighty fine FFD.....so get your BFF, your FFW or FFH and have some FUN!!!!! Another way to manage the cold winter, embrace it and.....hit the slopes like Scott and his friend Audrie did today.
This is quite a nice "selfie".....very impressive Russ. Four hours on the slopes and new snow....looks like a lot of fun was had.

No comments: