Monday, March 17, 2014

Just a week ago.....

.......we were here!!!
....hangin' with my girls in San Francisco and enjoying this boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge and around the bay. Just wanted to add a few pics that had been left out on my last post.
Just before we left for the airport on Tuesday, we grabbed the bikes out of the garage.....
...and hit the trails while Laynee got in her run. It was such a fun week for the girls and the boys, I'm sure were a bit jealous. Hopefully, they will get their turn but they wouldn't let me get away without some fun. So what does this tired old grandma do? I let them come, got a little work out of them, ordered some pizza.....
....then set them free. This made me laugh so hard. I've loved the time I've been able to be with my grand kids. They are all so fun......but I needed to get back to Randy. He's been so patient to let me be gone for almost three months getting my basement back together so I left on Saturday and surprised him.....
He's such a good man and makes me happy. We enjoy being together and he has filled a huge void in my life. Scott died way too early and I did "alone" for ten years but "together" is way better and Randy is so very good to me.
*********************************
On this day, 42 years ago, Scott and I were married. (Click HERE to read a previous post.) I don't outwardly celebrate but in my heart, I feel the loss and I miss the life I had with him. I'm happy though as I watch my children with their spouses and children and I know Scott and I did good. Traci wrote me in a message today...."Thinking about you and dad today. Thanks for being such great examples of what an everlasting marriage should be. Love you. Enjoy some lobster." Each of the kids have acknowledged that they remember and that means a lot. I've a bit of a lump in my throat right now and shedding a tear or two....but that's o.k. I don't ever want to forget the life I had with Scott Gordon Wells. 

No comments: