Thursday, September 11, 2014

Nine Eleven....

....thirteen years ago today I think we all know where we were and what we were doing as it was a tragic day in history; but for me, I had just lost my husband a few weeks earlier, everything in my house seemed to be breaking down, I was outside as my new air conditioning system was being installed when the world seemed to stand still as news of those tragic events unfolded....but after the initial shock and I had a new AC unit, I was on the road to Salt Lake with grateful anticipation of the arrival of my #3 grandson, Andrew Scott Wells. These thirteen years later, he has turned into a wonderful young priesthood holder who excels in whatever he sets out to do.
From skim boarding in Pine Valley, to capturing Napoleon to the T, to his chosen sport of soccer, Drew is truly an amazing young man. He turns 13 years old tomorrow. In honor of his birthday, I want to do a little #throwbackthursday with these pictures of the good times we had in Kentucky.I spent nine years getting out there several times a year to see these little kiddies whose dad's were in school.
I used to take them for a sleepover at a hotel at least one night when I would visit.  Great memories and so sad they can't stay little forever. Those really were the good ol' days.
The gaming three amigos....rockin' their Dixie State apparel. Happy Birthday, Drewby.....I know it will be a good one for you 'cause I know you know how to party so party hardy Drew and I'll see you soon.
*****************
As we think about this day 13 years ago, I hope we all know and appreciate the price of freedom. It can get messy....but we are a blessed people. Just got done reading this book......and I know even more God's hand in the establishment of this nation and our freedoms. May our prayers today be more fervent for our leaders and may we pledge our allegiance always and forever to this great land.
“Freedom is not free! The Almighty offers these gifts contingent upon our willingness to turn to Him as a nation. It is a covenant relationship. That covenant is in force today, and the rules still apply.” 
― Timothy BallardThe Lincoln Hypothesis.

No comments: