Thursday, April 4, 2019

April has arrived.....

....and the snow is still here and I'm planning on it 'til June but the days are very beautiful here in Pine Valley and we have had a lot of sunshine, however; it doesn't make it to the north side of the house. The large boulder in front of my front door is annoying and has been there since the first snow. I must remember in years to come to go out every day and remove the snow.
This is what still greets me out my front door and it's April.....argh..Yay for snow.

Speaking of snow, Steve and Phyllis joined us at Paul's funeral.  Paul Rowe Thomas (we all called him Jerome, thus the PJ) was laid to rest yesterday in Beaver. Several other classmates not pictured were there, like Doug Rogers, Dennis Grover, Steve Shakespeare, Tom Seegmiller and others I may have missed but was a pretty good representation of the Class of '68.
Paul was such a good friend to all. I had a crush on him when he first moved here (1965) and he lived just through the block from me so I would spy on him daily. I soon realized I was no competition to Shirlee Esplin and about that time, Scott Wells entered my heart to stay forever. Paul has remained dear to my heart as a really good friend. He will be missed.

**********************

I left my car yesterday at Lauri's and rode to Beaver with Larry and Carol Ann so I was able to stop in for a little band concert by Lucy, Molly and Annie. I wish I would have snapped a pic but Lucy's violin was a small garden shovel and a twig and Molly's clarinet was a branch from a tree. Such creative girls.  Loved their program......


Speaking of program, Lucy's baptism was in March and I was honored to be on the program. I played the piano and gave the baptism talk in which I had made 3 white baptism bears.....Bear His name, Bear one another's burdens and Bear you testimony. I gave Lucy and Liam each a white bear to remind them on this. (Didn't take pics) but what a fun day filled with family.
Lucy looked so beautiful.
My Pizza Factory date with Lucy.
****************************
A few pics to remember January-March 2019.......
I always love to watch for the first daffodil.  It was a little late this year but oh my, what a crop.  Here in Pine Valley mine are still under 2 inches of snow.  Hope I get to see them soon.
 George organized this Older Cousins Crazy Gramma Camp before he left on his mission.  Love these crazy kids.
 I don't think my hot tub was meant for the whole bunch....
 ....but here they are.
 Daring each other to roll in the snow.....
 So fast I couldn't even get a pic but notice someone heading for the trampoline!!!
 Yes, I do love each an every one of them and all the ones that aren't there.
 For Christmas I gave them these latex bubble blowing thingys.....
 ...and challenged them to blow the biggest bubble they could....
....and send me a picture. Jake, Jack and Lux......I'm gonna call it a tie. 
*****************
Before I leave March, I've got to for sure remember our yearly trip to Florida.  Joslyn has a new house now in Celebration, Florida and I always love going there.  She welcomed us with open arms and we had a grand time.
We always love a trip to the beach and a boat ride.....

....always love some Krispy Kremes....
We went to Sea World and you guessed it.......
....and we always find our favorite eateries.....It was such a good time.
I've gone to Heritage Elementary the last few years, first with Evan and not Matty. This year I showed the bears that I've been making and took a treat of gummy bears for her class.  I really enjoy this tradition and glad that I live close and can attend Grandparents Day and I'm glad that Matty invites me.
Bowling with Seth (no pic) and lunch with Em....more March highlights.
She's 16 now and sweet as can be......














No comments: