Friday, October 25, 2019

Joy abounds....

this week as the beautiful colors slowly fade into piles of leaves on the property but each day finds me chasing the sun......
"The Message, the Meaning and the Multitude".
...and finding my perch to do my "procrastiknitting" for a few hours in the sun. Beautiful day today and so much peace fills my soul here in Pine Valley. I feel so blessed to call this home. This past week found me listening to the sessions of conference I missed because of the St. George Marathon on conference Saturday and I was surprised to see that it started out with everyone's favorite, especially mine, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, "The Message, the Meaning and the Multitude" and this talk reiterated to me the importance of church attendance each Sunday and mingling with the saints to be refreshed and uplifted each week......BTW.....I SAW ELDER HOLLAND TODAY just being a normal person and shopping at Harmon's with a very black jacket and very dark sunglasses. He was all alone in the same isle I was in and I didn't want to make a big deal but I couldn't just pass him by so I said with a big smile on my face...."you really think you can hide behind those glasses?" He just smiled, shook my hand and said "you're looking well".  Made my day.  I'm sure they just want to be ordinary once in a while but these men are NOT ordinary. They are called of God to lead us and guide us through the "din and drumbeat of our days".  Sisters and brothers, through the incessant din and drumbeat of our day, may we strive to see Christ at the center of our lives, of our faith, and of our service. That is where true meaning lies. And if some days our vision is limited or our confidence has waned or our belief is being tested and refined—as surely it will be—may we then cry out the louder, “Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.”12 I promise with apostolic fervor and prophetic conviction that He will hear you and will say, soon or late, “Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.”13 Welcome to general conference. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.   
**********************************
It's almost birthday time, My New Year......and I won't be here. I'm pleased that Lauri told me she would miss me but Halloween is steeped in tradition in the Wells Fam so I'm going to celebrate early for my family with witches brew and the whole nine yards. This is one of my favorite traditions and we did it at Lauri's last year but this year, it's here in Pine Valley......
....we will be headed to Southern California for Randy's daughter's wedding and we are so very thrilled about it. Stephen is a really special guy and after all these years of being a single mom raising a kid, she has found gold and we are excited to go celebrate with her.
Congrats to Ashley and Stephen......family is what it's all about.
*****************************
Speaking of family, for the books and memories I want to post about the Wells' Family Reunion this past summer. Nancy, Rachel and the northern Wellses did a great job and kept us hoppin' for a couple of days. We began by meeting at the Provo City Temple where the adults did sealings and the kids did baptisms. So special to be in the sealing room with Scott's brothers and their wives and families. 
Then lots of great food and laughter at Rachel and Kevin's beautiful back yard.....lots of fun pics with the "Picture Treasure Hunt".......

.....tubing down the Provo River. Story.....I want to remember that as Randy and I were heading to the reunion, I caught a ride with Spencer as Randy was already up north and we were talking about the activities and I mentioned that I probably wouldn't be going to the temple and Spencer said "Mom....I'd like you in the temple" and so I went and was very glad I did and I told this story to my family and when it got time for the river tubing once again I was going to opt out until Kyle said..."if Spencer can say he wants you in the temple, I can say I'd like you to float the river with us"......and so I did.  These people we love have so much power over us, we do pretty much what they want us to. After the floating, we headed to a park and enjoyed some great food and a pie contest of which JoEllen won making our mom's lemon meringue pie recipe. Lots of good memories and so glad I married into this wonderful Wells Clan. We all had t-shirts with the Wells cattle brand and at the end, Greg and Nancy had hired someone to make the Wells brand and we all got to stamp it on a bread board.  I will post more pics as I find them.  Such a fun reunion.....guess we have to at least equal next year here in Pine Valley.
*******************************
Here's my beautiful home, pics taken on October 24, 2019.....very pretty.
 The evenings are so pretty here and the leaves are falling quickly getting ready for next season....
WINTER....We're ready.
 This what I've looked at this past month as I sit by my fire that Randy makes for me every morning....
This is taken off my upstairs deck.  Just can't get enough of this but it's about over.  

No comments: