Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Procrastination.....

....is my sin, it brings me endless sorrow. I really must stop doing it, in fact, I'll stop tomorrow. Well, it's today and here I am over 4 months (a whole summer) since I last blogged and so much of the summer stuff will be forgotten but I will remember some of the best. The very best.....as if I haven't said this before is living in Pine Valley. I have loved coming here all my life but I always had to go home. I could never call Pine Valley my home....but now I can and it gets sweeter every day.  I've gradually been able to let go of the negative voices in my head that "I'm not good enough for this place and that we can't take care of it like Spence and Josephine did" but I'm realizing that I'm taking care of it as good as I can and Randy is a great support and WE DON'T HAVE TO GO HOME. This is home. At first I needed everyone to love it as much as me....but now I don't. It doesn't matter but it sure brings a smile when I know this place brings a smile to someone. It's my place of peace and contentment almost to a fault. I don't like to stray too far from home. Lake Tahoe was nice and I'm grateful that we had the means to go there (a time share) but I was really anxious to get home.  I don't mind going to town but boy do I love heading back up that road. I'm most happy when I share my beautiful surroundings with family.....and I do know my grand kids love this place.
Lauri and James were having a gratitude lesson and this is what Louis is thankful for and I love it so much.  And part of what I love about it is that there are 4, yes you heard me, FOUR definite seasons and I love each one of them. Summer was so awesome and I will get to some of the fun we had but now it's Fall....and I'm having fun each day watching the leaves change color outside every window.
 These are some of the first color changes and we are high enough that ours change a bit before any of the trees down lower in the valley......
...and I love checking out my porch each day to see which ones have turned.  Randy painted the porch and it's so nice having it cleared out and looking nice and new. This is looking out my upstairs window.....today October 15 and 3:06 p.m.
The sun shines so bright on the yellow (the pic doesn't do it justice) and the sky is so blue....a perfect fall day and I get to be in the middle of it.
*********************************
Changing gears here for just a minute....we said goodbye to Randy's baby brother, Larry.  Monday night he had a terrible scooter accident and passed away from injuries. The funeral was wonderful and I was so proud of Randy and Tara for holding it together to give nice tributes to this fine man. He will be so missed by everyone.
He was the youngest of 6 and the first to go....not fair but haven't we all learned that life isn't fair and Larry would want you to..... "Look for something positive in every day, even if some days you have to look a little harder."   

Cute family: Josephine and Spencer - Mike, Randy, Jeff, Abby, Chris and Larry
*************************
 Let me "leave" you this day with the most amazing sight in my front yard this day, October 15, 2019. I have so much to get caught up on but here's a little treat for ya today.....Fall overload for sure......





No comments: