Monday, September 29, 2014

This little fashionista....

........fash·ion·is·ta
ˌfaSHəˈnēstə/
noun
informal
  1. 1.
    a designer of haute couture.
  2. 2.
    a devoted follower of fashion......

  3. .... is having a birthday today but she's been dressed and ready for her party all week!!!!

Lauri has told me how she has to pick out her own clothes but until I took her to Tar...zjay myself, I didn't really believe it. We got in the shoe section and I pulled out all the pretty ones (they had to have some bling and shine) and she wanted them all until she came to these. We tried them on her, she immediately began trying to tear off the tag...then we headed to the dresses and she darted right to the rack with this lovely number and pulled it off the hanger as she was tugging at her shirt to get it off. She couldn't get it on fast enough....but the tag had to come off. She tugged at it and proceeded to get dressed. We finally put it over her clothes and that's the way it stayed all the rest of the day. I think the little skirt she had on underneath gave it enough more poof that she felt just beautiful....and oh, my, isn't she a beauty. Upper left: just admiring her lovely glass slippers. She's feisty...and only wants what she wants so you might as well just live with it but she does love lovliness so it's o.k. She's never going to be a slouch; always ready for whatever handsome prince might come along (or a party).
Oh, so cute....got to spend some time with them last week.....but today's Molly's day so...Good Golly Miss Molly Moo.....hope it's a happy day for you. Happy Birthday, Molly's 2. 
*******************************
Last Saturday, Randy and I were invited to a wedding of one of his employees, a fine young man named Ben who married Angie....it was at the Second Slovik Baptist Church in North Highlands about a 45 min. drive from where we live so we left an hour early....at 12:00 for a 1:00 wedding. It started late, about 1:30 but we drove into our parking lot at 7:00 that night....yep, we partied all day long. 
The wedding ceremony itself was about and hour and a half and for all those hours, not one word of English was spoken....just Russian. Randy had an interpreter but I just sat and soaked it all in and loved every minute of it and couldn't help but calculate the cost of ALL the beautiful flowers. I've never seen so many at one wedding in my life. She is such a beautiful girl....I think she should be in the movies but she's marrying Ben....and he is a fine fellow. We were seated with the family and by the end of the day we felt like "family". 
******************************
Then I headed out on Monday, with my book on tape and a ten hour drive and got to Bountiful in time to spend a few hours with Traci's family. Always delightful and insightful, lots of stories and lots of tricks to show me. I especially loved listening to Traci and Scott play their duet.....so proud of their musical accomplishments, especially Traci's after all these years.
...then on to Lauri's where I spent the night. Louis is changing on a daily basis. Couldn't believe how big he had gotten. We took Molly shopping and to lunch for her birthday then headed on down the road. Traci decided to come in the night as she had made dentist appointments so she and kids spent a couple of days and got their dental work done. It's been quite a busy week and we knew the rains were coming....but Saturday morning, I was awakened with a light in my bedroom window which is on the West of the house so I knew there must be an incredible sunrise...and as mentioned in a previous post, I haven't seen many of them in my lifetime so I jumped up and luckily, my camera was on the cupboard. This truly was amazing.....
Then I walked around to the front and went outside and saw this....
I'm just sayin'.....a mighty fine way to start a wonderful day. Spencer and Shana wanted to go to Drew's game in Vegas so asked me to keep the "younguns".....so we had quite a day of it....
Upper right....caught a 3D movie because I wanted to. I just love 3D anything 'cause the movie was kinda stupid "The Box Trolls" but I'll pretty much watch anything in 3D....then we went Geocaching because I wanted to. These two boys were really quite the good sports to accommodate me for the day. We checked out 5 and were able to locate 3 of them. Pretty fun and they were just in the middle of town and one of them took us up to Brook's Pond where I used to hang out as a kid on the red hill. The city has made a nice little park of it. I love discovering new places around town. Then on to Women's Conference with Mandy and Maycee. We had tried to make it a tradition for all the girls to go together like last year but everyone was pretty busy but so glad they got me there.....
It's not over yet, folks. As I was winding down the day, I headed across town and remembered there was a big music thingy at the town square with a bunch of people playing that I really liked. I stopped in and Sam Payne had just finished but Peter Breinholt had just started. I wandered up close and found a couple of my good friends in the booth selling CDs and taking donations so I joined them for the night. It was so awesome to meet Peter (we are on a first name basis now) up close and personal and he was so kind to hang around and get some pics with us (bad photography but something to remember the evening by).
The band at the bottom right is "We Are The Strike" and they were soooooo good. Loved listening to them for about an hour. This was a fund raiser for United Way and these guys were so great to donate their time. The rains kept the crowds away but I'm here to tell you, what a great evening of entertainment. I was in H.E.A.V.E.N.
I forgot to mention that I also got to go to Tuacahn (aw, I love that place) with Joyce and see "Joseph" and loved, loved, loved it.
That's Joseph and the narrator photo bombing Joyce. Always fun to be with my sis. So now, I'm getting things moved back into my house and settling in a bit getting ready for Randy to come tomorrow and we will just continue to have good times. In between all the fun, I get to see my mom and help her out a bit. I need to do a blog on her one of these days....she's amazing as she ages and fights a lot of health issues....and she does it mostly with a smile. The weeks and months are passing me by so quickly and I get behind on my blog but I just have to remember why I blog.....
Working on Volume VI....."....a bit of a chronicle of where we've been and what we've been doing. It's all about family, friends and remembering the good times. That's pretty much why I blog". Thanks for tuning in.

No comments: