Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Aw.....Fall........is in the air....

....not quite here yet but I've been in SLC and it's very apparent there, especially in the evenings. I traveled north on my yearly trek to Acappellastock.....Oh, yeh....and once again was NOT disappointed. It was an amazing (surreal, that's for Lauri) evening and we enjoyed almost 3 hours of great acappella groups, not just the usual Barbershop Quartet although there were some of those but frankly, I wish they would not be invited as they get realllly upstaged by the "new-wave" stuff....but they were good and entertaining but "hard core" rockappella is what I go for. It was sooooo much fun and I plan to go again next year and the year after that and so on and so forth. I wasted 2 tickets because I was really optimistic that I would be able to convert someone but I will not give up. I will continue to be persistent, (but will probably get committments before I buy too many tickets again) but the offer is out there. It's in Ogden, so a little far up the road but WORTH....ITTTTT! So, back home again and feeling the Fall....got a few decorations out and all day today I've been remembering the scents of Fall....spicy tomatoe soup cooking (haven't made any yet but plan to) and I especially love the scents that come with the cool crisp air (which will come later but I'm anticipating) and the feeling of getting all the kiddies back in school, into a routine and life back to a little normalcy. Even though I have no kiddies at home to take to school, I still feel the sense of peace that comes from knowing yours have a place to go each day. Right now my house smells like "Pumpkin Spice" Salt City candle, my favorite, and my center piece is in place (oops, it looks a little uncentered, oh, well). Welcome Fall..... how do you feel about Fall?

6 comments:

Becky & Doug said...

I also love the fall, the nights and the days get cooler, and if at all possible have a fire,(I love fires). The leaves turn all different colors. (I enjoy watching all the colors come). I enjoy decorating my house in fall colors. I just started it last year and I didn't want to take it down for Christmas.I also like seeing the children go back to school, to know that they are learning. (hopefully)

Spencer said...

Fall is great! Love the holidays and get-togethers...lots of family traditions - the one catch is winter is on the doorstep - I hate winter.

ME said...

I second the 'hate winter' comment. I absolutely love fall...especially here in NE. I am a big believer in routine. I am so grateful for 'school days' as well. By the end of summer I feel like everthing is in total choas and I am ready for order (not to say I don't love summer). I guess if you are pulling out the fall things so will I.

Lauri Wells said...

Fall is my favorite season actually. And ill tell you why... because all the best colors are associated with fall. I mean you got Orange. Red. Yellow. and Brown. All the best colors wrapped in one season!

Staheli said...

is there a way to get my house to smell like pumpkin spice without the candle?

CNeilson said...

Love it!!