Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Send birthday wishes to Lauri.......

Top Ten Reasons I Love Being With Lauri:

10. She can dance.
9. She loves the color orange.
8. She makes really good cookies and other fine foods.
7. She likes to laugh.
6. She is mostly happy and when I'm with her I want to be happy.
5. She thinks kind thoughts and when I'm with her I want to think kind thoughts.

4. She gives me something to spend my money on.
3. She will do the driving for me.
2. She has a peaceful nature.

Ta da da da...... The number one reason I love having Lauri around......she does my grocery shopping for me.

When I am old I may not wear purple but I want Lauri to take care of me and she will because she stands to inherit my diamond ring. A shoutout today and for the rest of this week as this sweet daughter of mine turns 25 on Monday. Only 25 years ago on Aug. 18 we welcomed a little girl after 4 boys and I haven't stopped smiling since. Well, maybe one time when she told me she was dropping out of college but it was o.k. because she fulfilled a successful mission to Arizona and can speak Spanish so now she can interpret Dora for me and I really smiled when she graduated from BYU last May. I hope her good nature will be enough to sustain her in the small Mexican village of Irapuato and I don't really want to know how "quaint" it really is. She will head there for 3 months for post-graduate field study and I will miss her. Carry on daughter-0-mine and thanks for letting me dress you up and do your bangs curly when you were little and for shopping with me and for me and for raising Traci. You did a fine job. Now, go forward with faith and know that I love you. The only thing keeping me sane right now is not thinking about the next 3 months. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON MONDAY!!!!

6 comments:

Staheli said...

luv ya sista fren. You rock, you are the RAD in my RADICAL and the AWESOME in my AWESOMENESS!!!

Happy Birthday Sweet Heart

You are my very favorite sister in the whole world.

joycew said...

Yes, so many reasons to love Lauri! She's one of a kind. Hope she has a wonderful birthday and a wonderful rest of her life!

Camie said...

What a beautiful post. You nailed it when you say she has a 'peaceful nature.' Thats how I think about Lauri. FOr some reason that post moistened my eyes a little. Happy Birthday Lauri. Good luck with all of your happenings.

Lance and Celeste said...

Happy birthday Lauri, may you day be the best day!

Spencer said...

Three more cheers for Lauri!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
....my eyes too, are moistened.

Anonymous said...

Thanks mom, for letting me be the star for a few days. I love you, and I'm so greatful for all you do for me. Because you do so much, and i don't know where I would be with out you.