Monday, September 14, 2009

Home again, home again.....

....after leaving at 2:00 our time, a brief lay-over in Chicago and 11 1/2 hours later, I'm sleeping in my own bed. It was a good trip and we crammed a whole lot of stuff into Saturday....2 soccer games, a baptism and a birthday party (and a whole lot of biking as Drewby got a ramp for his birthday). My third grand-child to be baptized and I'm mighty proud of little Andrew Scott Wells and I was proud to be able to once again participate in the baptism program by giving the talk on the Holy Ghost. George gave the opening prayer and did a great job....I was proud of him too. He was a good little travel companion and between his Nintendo and a good book, no problem at all idlin' 12 hours away. He and Drew both had little moist eyes as they said their goodbyes. It does a grandma's heart good to see the cousins enjoying each other's company. All in all, once again, I leave Kentucky looking forward to the next visit which will be in October.

(Bottom left - the biggest kid of them all).


7 comments:

Lauri Wells said...

Nice suit! And what a stud! Way to go DREWBY!

ME said...

some things just never get old!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a bunch of swell grandkids! Congrats to Drewby on his baptism.

joycew said...

Wow! I need another lesson on how to this...I keep coming up "Anonymous" (I want credit for my comments!)

Diana said...

Glsd you're home and had such a great time. I'm jealous of your travels. Love to see all the adventures of your family.

Laynee said...

cograts drew!!! love ya a ton!!!!
p.s. that ramp is awsome. we got the whole neiborhood at our house now!!!!

Staheli said...

So I thought that Spencer already built a ramp, what, was is not good enough? That does look pretty dang awesome. I wish I were there to get some air going off that thing. You rock Drew!