Tuesday, November 17, 2009

There are so many reasons to not like Disneyland....

.....but I, for one, choose to find reasons to love it. It's crowded, and gotten moreso over the years but the thrill is still to find that "perfect" day to be there to avoid the crowds. Not possible any more but it's fun to learn to "embrace" the other thousands that love the place as much as I do. Talk to them, meet them, find out why they are there and where they come from. I have to admit, I've met more friendly people there than cantankerous ones. Most of them, like me, want it to remain "the Happiest Place on Earth" even though the odds are against it as time goes on. I choose to continue to enjoy my favorite things like Churros, Fritters, Space, Splash and Soaring....and ignore the workers who can't even pretend it's the happiest place on earth and I totally know and see that people abuse the system (wheelchairs and jazzies for the lazy) and that some butt in line, but I will continue to smile as I walk through the gates and feel the spirit that Walt Disney created so many years ago. It's still as magical to me as the first time I went in the mid 50's. I'll have to admit, it's all in the attitude and I still have a "Disneyland Attitude". (Clickity click on this collage for the full effect.)
Enough already.....I'll just go to sleep.....

5 comments:

Karen M. said...

Sounds like the Wells family did it again! You guys always have so much fun! Do you want to adopt me?! Ha, I hear you and Kyle are the ones to come to when planning a trip to Disneyland, does scalped tickets sound familiar...I love it!

Lauri Wells said...

JEALOUS!

joycew said...

As always, I, too, am jealous that I didn't get to go to "the happiest place on Earth" with you! Glad you made it and had such a great and memorable time with the fam. Matty is just too cute!

Penny said...

I'm glad Mason's kids went. I bet it was so much fun to watch their faces. Especially that time of year with all of the decorations. We still haven't been at Christmas. Maybe next year.

Laynee said...

i am soo with ya lauri!!!!
i wish i was there!!:)