Sunday, October 21, 2012

Just remembering....

....32 years ago yesterday, I gave birth to my 4th little son, David Barber; but didn't get to keep him. Carrying a baby for 9 months and having something go wrong, causes us to think what miracles we watch as new little ones come into the world, normal and healthy as have my daughter's two little babies this past month. Molly and Harrison, two little miracles and HUGE blessings for their families.
I'm grateful that I have been able to be a mother to five....and especially now, grandmother to 17.
And speaking of miracles......this past week-end I've experienced "nature"...and many of God's miracles that surround us every day. The changing of the seasons is always fascinating to me and we were able to witness some of this beautiful "art of nature" around Lake Tahoe. We biked along the lake, through the forest and through several neighborhoods where we saw many fascinating sights. Top left is the back yard of a home that we particularly liked. Randy noticed the trim that had been cut from a single tree. Bottom left, the most amazing orange tree I've ever seen and middle bottom, the most Halloween place one could even imagine. (Actually, I can't even imagine anyone liking the holiday enough to decorate like that).
We took a little detour on the way home and stopped by to see Wright's Lake. So beautiful.
We have been enjoying our bikes and being up-close and personal with nature. Nothin' quite like it......My family has also been out "communing" with nature. Check out Spencer's blog to see where they have been wellsweirdos.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Penny said...

It is GORGEOUS there! WOW!