Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunny day...

....and a jaunt to Daffodil Hill made for a nice Sunday afternoon. It was only about 40% but we loved it and took lots of pictures and enjoyed the wonder of it. This has been in the same family for many years and they plant all different varieties....a bunch each year.
The ones on the left are Randy's favorites....a little orange middle and I liked the lacy middles, bottom right...who knew there were so many different varieties of this lovely flower....
We love stopping at little towns along our way and there are a lot of them here. We took a different way home and drove through Fiddletown....(as my dad would say...don't blink or you'll miss it)....but we didn't miss the sign out front of this little candy shop and quickly screeched to a halt and went inside to meet the proprieters and buy some candy (home-made toffee, Randy's favorite) .......
.....and a t-shirt to add to my collection.
...oh, and I can never forget 41 years ago on this day that Scott and I were married. Randy is such a good sport to help me celebrate with my yearly lobster feast....we did it up right this year and I ate the whole thing.
....and speaking of accomplishments, Laynee and Spencer ran a race (5K, 6K, 10K....I don't know what it was) but Laynee won her category....kudos to Troy for keeping her going and finishing strong.

One more item I need to add to my post.....Spencer ran into this guy at Pasta Factory and the next day at the race and had enough guts to ask for a picture with him....I taught you well, Spence. There are the days you would all scatter when the camera came out in the presence of a celebrity so I'm very proud of you. 


We are HUGE fans of T-Minus 5 (Acapellastock fame). This is Fish (Jason Salmond) from the group. I know the rest of my family has been doing some fun stuff on Spring Break but this is the info I've received so far. 

No comments: