Saturday, March 9, 2013

Things don't always go as planned...

...but we had a great day. We headed up to Daffodil Hill without calling ahead (my bad) and found out it doesn't open until next Friday. They were hit with some late cold weather so the flowers haven't bloomed yet but you can bet, I'll be there....but for today, we explored around Volcano, California picking up a couple of geocaches, one by a cemetery and one by an old school....
..and happened on a street and a hotel named St. George. Then we headed up to see the Indian grinding stone.....read about it here.
We got a few pictures, saw some wild turkeys,  then headed on to Sutter Creek for a little shopping and a banana split...yum.
I forgot to mention that we ate lunch out on the patio at a quaint little place in Volcano, Ca and I got this picture of a bird that I'd like to share.
Also, a while back, Josephine stitched a piece that I finally got framed and it turned out so beautiful that I had to add it to my blog.
She keeps herself busy all day with her stitchery and I've been the recipient of a couple of beautiful pieces. We've had a great day and enjoyed the sunshine. I heard a quote in a movie I watched this past week where a man has lost his wife and people are trying to push him to find people to do things with....to which he replies..."I have plenty of people to do things with but I need someone to do nothing with." I do enjoy doing nothing with Randy but we also love seeing and exploring new places together. Stay tuned....Daffodil Hill next week.

No comments: