Monday, March 4, 2013

The reason I came....

....of course, was the baptism of Seth and it was a good one. So proud of my family, Drew who gave the Baptism talk, Laynee a prayer and Shana played the piano and we all showed up to support Seth; and Spencer did a mighty fine job with the baptism and confirmation. Shana and Spencer hosted the family at their home for a nice lunch....it was a nice Saturday morning activity.
I breeze into town once in a while and try to get as much in as I can with the kids. Had them all over for a little party on Friday night....just a wee "gala"....as Spencer and Shana were off to attend "Fire and Ice"...a fundraiser gala for Dixie College, so I themed our night the same with tiaras and ties for the kids. Not sure they appreciated that but it was colorful and fun.
We microwaved a few peeps, had a couple of treasure hunts, an Easter egg hunt and some painting going on but mostly just acted crazy for a couple of hours...(and I think we're all glad it wasn't a sleep-over).
I was able to get in a little basketball and snapped a few pics at baseball practice....always fun to see my boys coaching their kid's teams....
These families stay pretty busy but we were able to stop long enough for a few pictures. I was holding Molly and reminded Laynee of when I used to tend her and spend hours holding her in this very chair.
 I challenged her to sit on my lap one last time and the other little grand-daughters joined me.  It has been a fun week-end with the family. We walked around the temple grounds on Sunday and had a little photo shoot with Lauri and James and their little girls....
I love this time of year and it has been good to be home enjoying some of the things I dearly love; my family, my home, the beautiful sunshine, good health (knock on wood) and my life as a grandma.  I truly am blessed. I'll head out and to go back to my "life as a wife" which I love as well. See you soon, Randy. One last picture of Kyle introducing Molly to Sunday night craziness at my mom's.....
Love that look on her face.....this was after a few minutes of utter fright but she looks like she's enjoying the ride.

1 comment:

Staheli said...

wont show this one to scott. He sure feels like he's missing out not living in st. george. I try and explain to him that it's not always a party but he doesn't seem to believe it. we miss everyone so much and can't wait to get down there in a couple of weeks.