Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thirty days has September.....

....April, June and November. So.... we're done with April folks. I'd like to end this month with a few pictures of some fun times 'cause my book is going to press on this very day. What a wonderful picture to end on and who could deny God's hand in something as beautiful as this?
It's been a while since I'd been to Bryce and it was a beautiful day. Randy had to rent a car when he flew into town on Thursday so he surprised me with this Mustang convertible. We used to drive around town  in
his grandma's Mustang when we were kids and he would visit in the summers....so we took our sentimental journey up to Zion...checked out a few shops and snapped a few pics of some whirligigs....too expensive to buy but we'll make one some day...then headed up to Duck Creek so he could capture a few more memories of his childhood days of camping up there. We grabbed a burger at Aunt Sue's Chalet....rumor is that people come from miles around for her famous burgers and they really were pretty good. I couldn't leave the place without at least trying for one geocache....bingo, got one and it was a really good one. I'm not a fanatic about this sport but if I'm some place with some time....there's usually a cache to be found and it's kinda fun. We gave ourselves just 5 minutes to do this one and got it.

We were going to hit Cedar Breaks and head back down through Cedar but still a little early in the season and it was pretty cold so we back-tracked and took in Bryce Canyon and so glad we did. Like I said, it had been a while and it was just absolutely breathtaking. I just could not believe the color and the beauty. Blue and coral are my favorite colors together and there was plenty of that between our pictures of Zion and Bryce. What a day.
We headed back down 89 and stopped for one more picture before my battery gave out.
 It was a really nice day for a ride in a 'Stang.....

No comments: