Friday, May 10, 2013

Where have I been, you say.......

Right here. I know, I've been lazy; haven't blogged for over a week but I really thought no one would notice and I worked really hard to get my two volumes from the last 3 years of blogging to the printer so I just took a bit of a breather....but I have one fan and was notified that my last blog was April 30 so I figured it was time to get caught up. Thank you, fan, for missing me. I know if you stopped blogging I'd give you a call so I do appreciate it.
*******************
I'm back and rarin' to go....starting on Volume 5 this very day, May 10, 2013. Got back last week from a couple of weeks away so a little down-time has been good...catching up on some reading and pondering and I do have to admit, after being with my kiddos for a couple of weeks, I'm missing them and their activities and I missed Kyle's big Ironman adventure but I was able to follow him on the internet that day.

For some info on that, clickity click HERE...he did great, finished in about 6 1/2 hours. Way to go Kyle. Emily and Evan won their school's science fair, the little boys have on-going baseball games, Drew and Maycee have soccer and I missed Maycee's dance program and I'm not sure what else but I'm back to my life here and having a good time.
Randy and I had to go out Latrobe Road last week to check on a house that he painted. They needed a little touch-up. On the way back we took a little detour and found yet another cemetery. Lots of them around here and we gave ourselves a 5 minute window to find a geocache.....most cemeteries have them. Cha ching....got it. It really wasn't too hard and like I've said before, we are at a place anyway and my IPhone 5 makes it nice to find a cache in whatever area we are....frankly, it's kinda scary that a phone knows where I am all the time. This one wasn't too big but we signed in and left a few trinkets that I found in the car...then went on with our sight-seeing. I enjoy seeing the scenery around here and going through old mining towns. We went back to paint the house this week and I enjoyed the scenery while he worked and got 'er done. Caught a few bees and some wildflowers with my camera.....then we headed on down the road and decided to take in Sutter Creek...have a little lunch then be on our way.

We never made it that far. We ended up at Amador City....amazing finds. Lots of cute little shops and the locals recommended this little eatery....best pies ever.
I took a picture of the window and you can't see it very good but below CAFE, it says...."go ahead and lick the plate"....so we did. Then I found a shop where a lady was weaving....I had to buy some of her yarn.
...and you might know we gave ourselves just 5 minutes to find the local geocache. It just happened to be a few feet behind the restaurant.....
My friend Stef came to town and I spent a delightful day with her and her daughter Eliza. They showed me some of their favorite spots around Sacramento....and yep, a yarn shop.
We ate at Tower Cafe. I guess this was the original site of Tower Records in the day. I'll have to check up and learn a little more of the history. Fun day. Thanks, Stef and Eliza for hanging with me. It was a blast.........and speaking of blasts, Traci sent me these pictures of her boys enjoying some summer weather (finally) in their yard.
Lots of joy here. Summer fun ahead. Hope everyone is safe and happy. It is our moral obligation to be happy and if you don't believe me, listen to this and see what you think. http://www.prageruniversity.com/Life-Studies/Happiness-is-a-Moral-Obligation.html . Enjoy...and after that, you might want to check out Mason's new website that Adam Mathews prepared for him and enjoy Traci's Jakey....he's mighty cute. Click HERE....

1 comment:

Staheli said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. Love ya mom!