Thursday, September 5, 2013

On the road again....

....and I'm feeling like that's my theme song lately. Just got back from Henderson helping Lauri and James out a bit. It was a blast hangin' with the girls. They are a couple of little dollies and delightful as all git out...even tho' they both were a little under the weather. That justified our 9 to noon PBS watching and it was hot as heck down there so we just stayed inside. Loved every minute of it.....
Lucy makes a cute little garden gnome, don't ya think? Lauri's surgery went well and she is on the mend. But before I went down to help her out, I got to go to a Cross Country Meet....my first ever because my first ever grand child, Laynee Jane, was running in it......
She's a darlin'....and runs well too. She came in 2nd on her team and 5th overall. It was fun to be in town and be able to see what it's all about. But before that.....we spent Labor Day in Pine Valley.
We took the kids and hiked the trail that goes behind the reservoir. I'd never been back there before and they have made it really nice.
We walked past the old stompin' grounds of my 4H days and they have taken out the amphitheater that we used to use at camp each year. They have put in a bunch of really nice camp sites back behind the reservoir.
We had some nice photo ops on the trail. It was a fun little hike that I would highly recommend to anyone that has not done it. I can't believe I hadn't done it yet but now I have so there you have it. Oh, one more before I leave this subject....
I blog to document my existence.....so I have to make sure I'm in a picture or two. I always love being surrounded by these little ones. Meanwhile, back at the cabin.....this place has served us well through the 30 years it's been in the family.
...we had lunch then headed down  to Jeff's Ice Cream Parlor for some good stuff. We were finally able to do S'mores because it had rained a lot and the fire hazard was "moderate". It's been a long, hot, dry summer so good to finally break out the mallows for a little roast. Randy drove down with me for the holiday week-end and we were able to get his mom up to Pine Valley for the day on Saturday.....but before that, we were at Lake Tahoe for the week with his family....
The air was heavy laden with smoke from the Yosemite fires but we didn't let it slow us down much. We got out a couple of days and enjoyed the kayaks and the scenery. The upper right picture is what the sky was each night as the smoke would settle. It was hard to capture the real color of the red sun each night but it was a very beautiful sight. Whew....it's time to settle down now and enjoy the fall. Looking forward to the cooler weather and trips to Apple Hill....maybe a little Fall camping and exploring. I guess I'm just trying to live life large while I can.

No comments: