Monday, July 29, 2013

If wishes were fishes....

....we'd all have a fry and that's what we did on Saturday; fish tacos, yum....
..'cause the boys went a fishin'......(click HERE to see more)
....we had a party; call it a fish fry if you'd like but anytime we can gather in Pine Valley, it's a party.
There's always food.....plenty of leisure......
...and an added bonus, RAIN. Never a better place to be than Pine Valley when it rains. 
Let's back up a bit now and go back to Monday, our 12 year anniversary of when the patriarch of this family left this world. We try to honor him by being together. He would always take us on vacations during the week of the 24th of July and he would want us to all be in happy places remembering him on that day. The boys were happy in Alaska....so I decided to trek across Nevada and be happy with Traci (Lauri and James were happy in Henderson doing something fun). We used to go to Disneyland when it was just me and the girls....I digress. Anyhoo, I met up with Traci. Scott and Jakey were in Logan so we got a sitter for Max and headed to downtown Salt Lake City, dined at "The Garden" then shopped at City Creek.
Always a favorite. Good food and great views.
We visited Russ' work then enjoyed an awesome meal at The Mandarin in Bountiful then enjoyed the evening watching the kids and this beautiful sunset. I headed on down the road to home to catch the 24th of July parade in Washington. George was in the Stripling Warrior march. You can see Joel smiling....George is behind him not smiling and not looking at the camera.
Elder Holland and his wife, Pat were also there. Nothing like a "Stars Hollow" experience with all the Washington City folk....
They do put on a fine celebration. Enjoyed hanging with JoEllen and the kids.
This celebration is put on by the Washington Stake so they got the missionaries to man the stick pulling booth. Each of the kids could pick a prize. Evan chose a Book of Mormon....good for you, Evan....and speaking of Evan Kyle Wells....it's his birthday on Wednesday and I won't be here but we'll celebrate today with lunch and shopping.
On the left he's ready to be dunked and on the right he's posing with Moose. Evan is really an awesome kid. Wishing you a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Keep the "Evanisms" coming. I love everything that comes out of this kid's mouth. Never a dull moment.
***************
I'm not done yet. I should have another contest....to anyone that makes it through this post, let me know and you could win a pair of socks. Congrats to Melia Solstad....the proud winner from last long post. 
Probably one of my favorite places to be when the clouds roll in....Mason and Mandy's deck. Aw....I can just smell it, can't you? I do love a rainy day.
I've just got to document that we finally found the elusive geocache by Dixie College. We tried to find this one a couple of times last winter. I finally got notice that it had been replaced so I got the kids to come with me and help turn over rocks to find it. McKay was the one. One more "find" on my record. Thanks kiddos. Love my little GC buddies....and speaking of buddies.....
...I was able to hook up with Carol Ann and Ruby at Heritage Days in Pine Valley. Good friends, food and fun. I'll stop here but I just want to add one other little tidbit. This little quote that I love....thanks Jon B. for sharing this. It's certainly something I'd like to live by.
“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
Mother Teresa
************************************************
Have a great week. If you got this far, let me know. You could be my next winner. Life is good. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Oh, and thanks to my good husband, Randy for letting me have this week with my family. He never reads my blogs so if he gets this far and reads this, he will for sure get a hand-knit pair of socks. 

1 comment:

Penny said...

I love to read your blog. I never miss one. It was great seeing you over the 24th!