Friday, November 8, 2013

Didja ever....

....get one of those day? Click HERE (watch the whole thing). One of my favorites from my childhood; loved Elvis and I loved this song and I think of it whenever I have one of those days.....just to re-cap. "You get up in the morning, you turn the shower on. You get up in the morning and the hot, hot water is gone. Freezin', sneezin' ya wanna dry your back.....did you ever get one of those days when there's no towel on the rack.
...and this was only the beginning. I didn't discover this until I went to try on some shoes at REI.....it was downhill from there with a bit of homesickness and self-pity but all I had to do is watch this (Click HERE) and it pulled me right out of my slump. But then....I just got this e-mail message from JoEllen. She and Kyle just happen to be in Disneyland as I write this.....BILLY IS RETIRING.....
We've had such good times at the Golden Horseshoe. I remember a few years ago when I went to DL by myself, I caught the show all five times in one day.  They've been around for as long as I can remember going to Disneyland and frankly, I'm sad about this but the guy needs a life so kudos to him. I hear you can catch his Elvis impersonation at a bar in Fullerton. You may find me there one of these days. If you haven't seen him, you have a month to do so or I'm sure we've taken some video through the years. None finer than the first original Billy Hill. I'm sure I'll be posting more about him later.
I've had my picture taken with him several times and I do have a whole library of pictures through the years but this is one of my favorites. Truly a legend......I will miss him. However, on a more positive note and speaking of legends....nothing made my day more than finding out that my favorite all time singer in this whole wide world won CMA's Entertainer of the Year....
I tell Randy all the time that all he ever needs to know about making me happy in our marriage he can learn from George Strait songs.......(and he listens to them often) "ya better baby yer baby, 'cause if ya don't, one day yer baby'll be gone." Way to go George. What I've learned is that there just has to be a bad day once in a while to truly appreciate the good ones....and today has been a good one. Hope yours has been too.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Say it isn't so!!! Billy can't retire. It'll be interesting to see who replaces him. We'll have to plan a trip there soon.