Thursday, November 28, 2013

Just a few hours ago....

...my dear Aunt Beulah died. She's been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember....
She and my Uncle Emeron raised their children in Reseda, California but oh, how I would love to go visit them and when they would come visit us. Here I am enjoying one of the many outings we had when their family would come and she always made me feel so very special (which I am, but it's nice to have the validation, right?)
They moved back to Utah in my early college years and lived in Logan where I went to school and theirs was my home away from home, on every level. I always felt I could crash there and we would do just that on our long trips back to Pullman with our young family. She'd always have a huge home cooked meal, always corn on the cob or her special creamed corn. We'd spend the night being pampered then head out early the next morning....
She truly loved my kids like a grandma. My girls especially have felt a special relationship with her. She's just one of those "smiling all the time", active, happy people....oh, I know she had some "gripes" with life but mostly, when you were in her presence, she made you feel like she was glad to have you in her presence.
She loved being outside, rain or shine and she would go out and dance at the sign of the first snow. In her later years she would dance and move all around the house. She showed me once what she does and I was pretty convinced that's why she has lived so long, always on the move. She loved to sing and play the piano. This past year, she taught my grandson, George how to play "In the Mood" and loved watching how he has gone on to embellish what she taught him.  She loved "beautiful men".....hated cats, loved to garden, loved the Jazz, missed Uncle Emeron immensely, loved, loved, loved, sunshine, loved a good hike up to "Molly's Nipple".....even did that one I think this past year or so.
Sisters....they spent Fridays together for the last few years. She and mom could really laugh it up over old times. These are two very elect ladies right here. I will miss my Aunt Beulah but it has been hard to see her lose her vitality to old age. I rejoice right now for her as I know she's finally re-united with the love of her life, Uncle Emeron. Change comes whether we want it to or not and it's never easy but I rest assured that we'll all be together again....and that makes it o.k. I love my Aunt Beulah to the moon and back....and more.

No comments: