Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just a couple of things here.....

Saturday morning we were barely awake when my mom called and told me they were burning down the Maggard home on the corner of my old neighborhood, would I like to come watch. Well, I had the kids for a sleep over and figured it would be too bothersome but after a minute or two thought, "How often would a kid get to see a house burn down (or up as my dad would wonder) so I ran through the house shouting "Hurry, get your shoes on, let's go watch a house burn down!" I didn't even give them time to find shoes, (one would have thought my house was burning down the way we got out of there) but as you can see by the pictures (I'm glad I'm not in any of them) that I pretty much snatched those littles ones out of bed and as I drove up there trying to explain what we were going to do, I could all of a sudden see the fear in their eyes.....I can only imagine what each of them must have been thinking by now as we pulled up and ran to our "front row" seats of a house burning. Much better than Saturday morning cartoons...wouldn't you say? It turned out to be pretty much a drill for some new firemen and never got any more than a bit of smoke coming out of the windows as each of them donned their masks and ran in to see if their equipment was working. It made for an hour of excitement and a close-up view of a "fireman and his equipment". I love this picture of McKay. It looks like he's asking George so I won't notice, you know kinda like talking out the side of your mouth inconspicuously, "What in the *^&%* are we doing here?"


So here's another thing I want to blog about. I've been fascinated with these lavender fields up somewhere around Mona. A few weeks ago I saw a sign as I was traveling north advertising a Lavender Festival and when I went back about a week later, I really wanted to go to the Lavender Festival but couldn't figure out where the exit was. But yesterday as I was heading up north to Jake's blessing, the fields were totally purple like I've never seen before. Then today, on the way back, I snapped a picture as I was driving by (doesn't even begin to capture the color but maybe you will get the idea). Anyway, I was just really in awe to think that we grow lavender in Utah and I want to learn more about it. If there's anyone out there in "Blog Land" that knows anything about lavender, especially the Utah variety, please fill me in. Where have I been all these years? Did I know we have these really cool lavender fields in Utah? I think not....but I do now and I'm going to start doing my research and see if I can grow some lavender.
After I finished this post, I found this link http://www.younglivingfarms.com/ Cool!!!!!

No comments: