Friday, July 18, 2008

Non-stop socks.....enter my contest!

I'm pretty much into making socks and once in a while someone will ask me how long it takes to make a pair. So....on my trip to Kentucky, I thought I was on a non-stop flight but found out I had to make a stop in Chicago. (a 3 hour stint) So....I decided to see how much of a sock I could get done by the time I landed in Chicago. So as we took off from Vegas,I began knitting and only stopped for a quick o.j. and crackers which probably took up about 5 min. then on with the knitting. I figured it would be a pretty fair 3 hours of knitting. This is how much of a sock I got done....About half. This really wouldn't be a fair assessment of how long it takes me as I usually use a finer sock yarn and needles but for this particular pair, I figured 6 hours per sock, 12 hours per pair. The yarn costs me about $6.00 a skein, each pair taking 2 skeins (of this particular type) so approximately $12.00 worth of yarn. If I pay myself a mere $12.00 per hour to make them, I figure this particular pair of socks costs approximately $156.00. You could win a pair of these socks. Go to my knitting blog and see how!!!!! http://knitnpurls.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Staheli said...

Is there a limit to how many times we enter?