Friday, September 12, 2008

Random thoughts.......about Fridays and hats....

I just feel like blogging but don't really have too much to say today other than it's a Friday and I've always hated Fridays.....seems like all my life I get anxiety when the week ends. I think I like the order that comes with the week-days and when I was young, I would wonder what to do because Fridays should be fun and if I didn't have something "fun" to do, it was a waste and then when I had kids I knew they felt like Fridays should be "fun" and they would always ask for sleepovers and I hated sleepovers because, once again, it was getting outside of my "order" box and I didn't like that so I'd try to think of something that would be "funner" than sleepovers but most of the time I would just give in and let them happen. Anyway, it's Friday and I guess I am having a sleep-over with George, Emily and Evan so I am looking forward to this Friday night. So, what I'm really writing about is that I'm still knitting but needed to have a diversion from socks for a little while. Since my sock give-away is about here, I decided to take a break and work on some hats. My loved ones up north in the really cold country need something to keep their heads warm so I decided to try all different sizes. You never know if they work until the winter is over and if the hat got worn, it was good, if not, try something different next season. Ya, I know, you could just go to Old Navy and buy a hat for a few bucks but here's a quote that tells how I feel about that.
"My mother didn't knit a stitch; she taught me that it's cheaper, easier and faster to buy a sweater. Her lesson, therefore, is that I don't knit to make things. I knit to make myself happy." --Annie Modesitt
Hats off to anyone that reads this....happy Friday night!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

que suavesitos los monitos!

Staheli said...

Lauri,
we don't know what you're saying...

joycew said...

We are all going to have to learn Spanish so you might as well start now! (or you can stick close to Lauri so she can interpret!)

ME said...

I think one of those scrumptous little things shoule be your next give away. Traci makes a nice model.

xoxomom said...

Love the hats! That is where I was heading next....how about passing the pattern along? Great looks and I agree, you found some good looking models for your fun project. P

Staheli said...

Thank you camie, I do make a nice model don't I.